美国语文第五册 第180期:威廉-泰尔(5)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第五册
英语课
The court, my lord? 法庭吗,老爷?
And send To tell the headsman to make ready. Quick! 派人通知法官做好准备,快去!
The slave shall die! 那奴隶很快将被处死!
You marked the boy? I did. He started; 't is his father. 你注意到那孩子表情吗?我确实看到,他感到吃惊;那家伙就是他父亲。
We shall see. Away with him! 我们来看看,把孩子给我带走!
Tell says: Stop! Stop! What would you? 泰尔说:慢着!慢着!你要做什么?
Time,—A little time to call my thoughts together! 给我点时间,让我想一下!
Thou shalt not have a minute. 你没有时间了。
Some one, then, to speak with. 我有话要说,
Hence with him! 把他带走!
A moment! Stop! Let me speak to the boy. 等会,停一下!我想和那孩子说句话。
Is he thy son? 他是你儿子?
And if He were, art thou so lost to nature, as To send me forth 1 to die before his face? 如果他是我儿子,你们难道这么丧尽天良,让我在他的面前被处死?
Well! speak with him. 好!和那孩子说吧。
Now, Sarnem, mark them well. 萨勒姆,你可要把他们看好咯!
Tell says: Thou dost not know me, boy; and well for thee Thou dost not. 泰尔说:孩子,你不认识我,即使这样,没关系。
I'm the father of a son About thy age. 我的儿子和你差不多大,
Thou, I see, wast horn, like him, upon the hills: 我看着你,就像看他一样,你们都是大山的孩子。
If thou shouldst 'scape thy present thraldom 2, he May chance to cross thee; 如果万一你能逃出这里,他或许能遇见你;
if he should, I pray thee Relate to him what has been passing here, 如果你们能见面,我请求你告诉他这里发生的事情,
And say I laid my hand upon thy head, And said to thee, if he were here, as thou art, Thus would I bless him. 告诉他,我把手就是这样放到你的头顶,对你这样说话,如果他在这里,也会和你现在一样,因此,我真心地祝福你。
adv.向前;向外,往外
- The wind moved the trees gently back and forth.风吹得树轻轻地来回摇晃。
- He gave forth a series of works in rapid succession.他很快连续发表了一系列的作品。