打工姐妹花第一季 第90期:购买搅拌器
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
These high-end mixers are a lot of money.
这些高端搅拌器真贵
I thought if we came to a big department store,
我以为如果来家大商店
there'd be a lot of them, and the prices would be better.
不但种类齐全,价格也会合理
We can't afford these.
结果我们全买不起
How much did you think they'd be?
那你觉得应该是多少钱
I don't know.
我不知道
I guess I'm not used to looking at prices.
我可能不习惯看价签
I usually just point, pout 1, and it's purchased.
我通常是用手一指,嘴一撅,就手到擒来了
Yeah, I had a version 2 of that, only it was more like,
对,我有另一个版本的,只不过更像是
point, and when they look the other way, stuff 3 steaks down your pants and run.
用手一指,当店员看向别处,赶紧把东西塞进裤裆,然后立马开溜
Come on, there has to be a mixer here we can afford.
拜托,肯定有咱们可以买得起搅拌器
There is.
的确有
Here.
这个
A $5 spoon? That's what we can afford?
五块钱的勺子,我们就只买得起这个吗
Yeah, if we put it on layaway, work hard for a few years.
是啊,买这个只需要分期付款,努力干个几年...
I'm used to being poor around your stuff, but not around stuff that I want.
在你想要的东西附近,我很习惯"买不起",可在我想要的东西前,我不想穷啊
What happened to all your "money's not important" holiday spirit now?
你那"钱不是万能"的节日精神跑哪儿去了
Max, it feels like you want me to be depressed 4 about the holidays.
麦克斯,怎么感觉是你想让我对节日感到沮丧
No, no. I'm just saying that it's okay for you
不,不,我只是说如果你没那感觉
not to be all up and everything around me if you're not feeling it.
就不用装出一副积极向上的样子,没关系啊
It's all right to let your dark side out.
露出你的阴暗面没有关系
Come to the dark side.
快弃明投暗吧
Oh, my God. Look, they're hiring elves.
天啊,快看,他们在招聘精灵
Why would I go to the dark side when I could go to Santaworld?
如果我能去圣诞乐园,为什么还要弃明投暗呢
Let's go get in line. I've always loved Santaworld.
快去排队吧,我从小就热爱圣诞乐园
Me too, as a David Sedaris story, not as an actual real-life option 5.
我也是呢,不过我是说笑的,就像大卫·赛德瑞斯的笑话那样
Come on. If we get hired,
拜托啦,如果我们被录用了
we could use our employee 6 discount to get one of the really good cake mixers.
我们就能用员工折扣购买一台质量上乘的蛋糕搅拌器
And then it'd be like it came from Santa!
然后就感觉像是圣诞老人送的一样
Come on, Max, we'd be great elves.
拜托,麦克斯,我们会是很棒的精灵
I have the holiday spirit. You're great with kids.
我有节日精神,你跟孩子处得来
And we're both so desperate 7 for money, we'll wear other people's tights.
而且我们缺钱缺到愿意去穿别人穿过的紧身衣
Max, I've been coming to this store at Christmastime with my father since I was little.
麦克斯,自小我爸爸每年都带我在圣诞节期来到这家商店
I'd get all dressed up in my fanciest 8 winter coat and hat
我会穿得漂漂亮亮,戴上我最美的帽子
and then stand in line to see Santa with my hands in my muff.
然后把手放进我的暖手筒,排队等着见圣诞老人
And they didn't throw you out?
他们没有把你赶出商店吗
v.撅嘴;绷脸;n.撅嘴;生气,不高兴
- She looked at her lover with a pretentious pout.她看着恋人,故作不悦地撅着嘴。
- He whined and pouted when he did not get what he wanted.他要是没得到想要的东西就会发牢骚、撅嘴。
n.版本;型号;叙述,说法
- His version of the events is pure supposition.他对这件事的说法纯属猜测。
- What is your version of this matter?你对这件事情的看法 怎么样?
n.原料,材料,东西;vt.填满;吃饱
- We could supply you with the stuff in the raw tomorrow.明天我们可以供应你原材料。
- He is not the stuff.他不是这个材料。
adj.沮丧的,抑郁的,不景气的,萧条的
- When he was depressed,he felt utterly divorced from reality.他心情沮丧时就感到完全脱离了现实。
- His mother was depressed by the sad news.这个坏消息使他的母亲意志消沉。
n.选择,取舍,选择权,选择的自由
- You will have to pay them;you have no option.你必须付给他们钱,别无选择。
- The option for peace should never be closed off.和平的选择之门永远不应被关死。
n.职员,员工,受雇人员
- Each employee received a like bonus.每个雇员都得到了相同数目的奖金。
- They brought around a new employee this morning.他们今天早晨请来了一位新雇员。
adj.不顾死活的,危急的,令人绝望的,极渴望的
- They made a desperate attempt to save the company.他们为挽救公司作孤注一掷的努力。
- The city is suffering a desperate shortage of water.这个城市严重缺水。
标签:
打工姐妹花