英语听书《白鲸记》第166期
英语课
Call me Ishmael. 管我叫以实玛利。
Some years ago--never mind how long precisely-- having little or no money in my purse, 几年前...别管它究竟是多少年...我的荷包里只有一点点。也可以说是没有钱,
and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery 1 part of the world. 岸上也没有什么特别教我留恋的事情,我想我还是出去航行一番,去见识见识这个世界的海洋部分吧。
It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. 这就是我用来驱除肝火,调剂血液循环的方法。
Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly 2 November in my soul; 每当我觉得嘴角变得狰狞,我的心情象是潮湿.阴雨的十一月天的时候;
whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin 3 warehouses 4, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; 每当我发觉自己不由自主地在棺材店门前停下步来,而且每逢人家出丧就尾着他们走去的时候;
and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately 5 stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. 尤其是每当我的忧郁症到了不可收拾的地步,以致需要一种有力的道德律来规范我,免得我故意闯到街上,把人们的帽子一顶一顶地撞掉的那个时候...那么,我便认为我非赶快出海不可了。
This is my substitute for pistol and ball. 这就是我的手枪和子弹的代替品.
adj.有水的,水汪汪的;湿的,湿润的
- In his watery eyes there is an expression of distrust.他那含泪的眼睛流露出惊惶失措的神情。
- Her eyes became watery because of the smoke.因为烟熏,她的双眼变得泪汪汪的。
a.毛毛雨的(a drizzly day)
- This section of the country is drizzly in the winter. 该国的这一地区在冬天经常细雨蒙蒙。
- That region is drizzly in winter. 那个地区冬天常下小雨。
n.棺材,灵柩
- When one's coffin is covered,all discussion about him can be settled.盖棺论定。
- The coffin was placed in the grave.那口棺材已安放到坟墓里去了。
仓库,货栈( warehouse的名词复数 )
- The whisky was taken to bonded warehouses at Port Dundee. 威士忌酒已送到邓迪港的保稅仓库。
- Row upon row of newly built warehouses line the waterfront. 江岸新建的仓库鳞次栉比。
adv.审慎地;蓄意地;故意地
- The girl gave the show away deliberately.女孩故意泄露秘密。
- They deliberately shifted off the argument.他们故意回避这个论点。
标签:
白鲸记