英语听书《白鲸记》第118期
英语课
But I beat the thing down; and again marking the sleeper 1, jocularly hinted to Queequeg that perhaps we had best sit up with the body; 我无奈地说。魁魁格在那老索匠的屁股上按了按,好像在试够不够软。
telling him to establish himself accordingly. 他疯疯癫癫地讲了一遍,走了。
He put his hand upon the sleeper's rear, as though feeling if it was soft enough; and then, without more ado, sat quietly down there. 魁魁格坐到了那个人的脑袋边儿上,只是安静的坐着。
Gracious! Queequeg, don't sit there, said I. 算啦,咱们就守着这个老索匠坐一会儿吧!
Oh! perry dood seat, said Queequeg, my country way; won't hurt him face. 噢,这可是个好座位!我按我家乡的方法坐,不会压扁他的脑袋的!
Face! said I, call that his face? very benevolent 2 countenance 3 then; but how hard he breathes, he's heaving himself; 脸!我说着,这叫脸吗?很仁慈的表情,但他呼吸有多难,他在难为自己;
get off, Queequeg, you are heavy, it's grinding the face of the poor. 躲开,魁魁格,你太沉了,别这么折磨穷人。
Get off, Queequeg! Look, he'll twitch 4 you off soon. 躲开,魁魁格,看,他会找你茬的。
I wonder he don't wake. 我想知道他是不会醒来的。
Queequeg removed himself to just beyond the head of the sleeper, and lighted his tomahawk pipe. 魁魁格挪了挪屁股,坐到了那个人的脑袋边儿上,点上了他的烟斗斧。
I sat at the feet. We kept the pipe passing over the sleeper, from one to the other. 我则坐在那人的脚边儿。于是,烟斗斧就跨过那个人的身子,递过来又递过去。
n.睡眠者,卧车,卧铺
- I usually go up to London on the sleeper. 我一般都乘卧车去伦敦。
- But first he explained that he was a very heavy sleeper. 但首先他解释说自己睡觉很沉。
adj.仁慈的,乐善好施的
- His benevolent nature prevented him from refusing any beggar who accosted him.他乐善好施的本性使他不会拒绝走上前向他行乞的任何一个乞丐。
- He was a benevolent old man and he wouldn't hurt a fly.他是一个仁慈的老人,连只苍蝇都不愿伤害。
n.脸色,面容;面部表情;vt.支持,赞同
- At the sight of this photograph he changed his countenance.他一看见这张照片脸色就变了。
- I made a fierce countenance as if I would eat him alive.我脸色恶狠狠地,仿佛要把他活生生地吞下去。
标签:
白鲸记