影视剧中的职场美语 第4期:谈论个人能力
时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Grady:Matty, who do you got?
马蒂,你选谁?
Matty:I like Geronimo.
我看好杰罗尼莫。
Grady:Yes.
恩。
Men discussing:The guy's an athlete. Big, fast, talented. Top of my list. Clean-cut, good face.
他是个天生的运动员,高大,敏捷,有天赋,是我的首选。轮廓分明,长相不错。
Yeah, good jaw 1. Five-tools guy. Good-looking ballplayer.
下巴不错,全能型的。是个外表不错的球员。
Billy:Can he hit?
他击球怎么样?
Man A:He's got a beautiful swing, right, Barry?
他击打动作不错。
Barry:The ball explodes off his bat.
很有力量。
He throws the club head at the ball, and when he connects, he drives it, it pops off the bat. You can hear it all over the ballpark. A lot of pop coming up for them.
他习惯用棒头击球,只要碰到就一下子弹出老远。整个球场都能听见,击打很大声。
Billy:If he's good, why doesn't he hit good?
为何他能力不错,成绩却不行?
Man A:He is a good hitter. He'll be ready.
他是个很好的击球手。他…他会准备好的。
Billy:So he's gonna be a good hitter against big-league arms? Could be great.I don't think so.
所以在与大联盟队比赛前,他会成为一名优秀的击球手?如果是就好了。但我不这么看。
Grady:Kid needs at bats. You give him 400 at bats, he's gonna get better.
这孩子需要多练,你让他挥个400棒,他就可以更好。