时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语


英语课

  Who are you?

你是谁?

Uh, my name is Andy Sachs.

恩,我叫安迪赛克斯,

I recently graduated from Northwestern University.

刚从西北大学毕业。

And what are you doing here?

那你在这里做什么?

Well, I think I could do a good job as yourassistant.And, um...

呃,我想我可以胜任你的助理。还有,

Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent lettersout everywhere...

恩…我来纽约想成为一名记者,发了不少简历。

and then finally got a call fromElias-Clarke...and met with Sherry up at Human Resources.

最终,艾丽雅克拉克给了我一个电话,让我和人力部的谢瑞见面。

Basically 1, it's this or Auto 2 Universe.

反正,不是这里就是《汽车宇宙》。

So you don't read Runway?Uh, no.

那么,你有没有看过《天桥》?没有。

And before today, you had never heard of me.No.

直到今天,你从没听说我这个人?是的。

And you have no style or sense of fashion?

你对时尚既不追求,也没见解?

Well, um, I think that depends on whatyou're...

这个,嗯,我认为这取决于你是什么…

No, no. That wasn't a question.

不,不,我没在问你。

Um, I was editor in chief of the DailyNorthwestern.

呃,我曾是西北日报的主编,

I also, um, won a national competition forcollege journalists... with my series on the janitors'union, which exposed theexploitation...

我还获得过全国大学记者竞赛的头名,连续揭露了校工图的不法剥削…

That's all.

行了。

Yeah. You know, okay.You're right. I don't fit in here.

好的,你知道,好吧。没错,我不适合这里,

I am not skinny or glamorous 3...and I don't know that much about fashion.

我不够苗条也不够漂亮,也不懂时尚,

But I'm smart.I learn fast and I will work very hard.

但我很聪明。我学得很快,我会努力工作的。



1 basically
adv.基本上,从根本上说
  • His heart is basically sound.他的心脏基本上健康。
  • Basically I agree with your plan.我基本上同意你的计划。
2 auto
n.(=automobile)(口语)汽车
  • Don't park your auto here.别把你的汽车停在这儿。
  • The auto industry has brought many people to Detroit.汽车工业把许多人吸引到了底特律。
3 glamorous
adj.富有魅力的;美丽动人的;令人向往的
  • The south coast is less glamorous but full of clean and attractive hotels.南海岸魅力稍逊,但却有很多干净漂亮的宾馆。
  • It is hard work and not a glamorous job as portrayed by the media.这是份苦差,并非像媒体描绘的那般令人向往。
标签: 职场美语 应聘
学英语单词