迷你对话学地道口语第8期:顽固不化的人
时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语
[00:00:31] Bob refused all his classmates ' invitations.
Bob 拒绝了班上所有人的邀请。
[00:08:58] I really could not understand him.
我真不明白他这个人。
[00:11:27] He is surely 1 a hard nut, nobody likes approaching him.
他真是个脑子不开窍的人,没人愿意接近他。
[00:17:10] We 'd better leave him alone.
我们最好也别惹他。
习语:a hard nut
知识点津:nut除了指“坚果”的意思,还可以指“难题、难事、难对付的人”。A hard nut源于短语a hard nut to crack或者是a tough nut to crack,表示“顽固不化的人”“无知无觉的人”“顽冥不化的人”。
迷你对话:
A :Bob refused all his classmates' invitation.
Bob 拒绝了班上所有人的邀请。
B :I really couldn't understand him.
我真不明白他这个人。
A :He is surely a hard nut, nobody likes approaching him.
他真是个脑子不开窍的人,没人愿意接近他。
B :We'd better leave him alone.
我们最好也别惹他。
词海拾贝:
leave alone:不理睬,不干涉,置之不理,不打搅
He will leave alone things that might cause trouble; as he would say,"Let sleeping dogs lie."
他从来不干招惹是非的事。他会说:“莫惹是非”。
Leave my books alone.
别动我的书。
Justbuzz offand leave me alone!
走开, 让我清静一下!