美国语文第四册 第112期:幸福之道(2)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第四册
英语课
If your companions do not love you, it is your own fault. 如果你的伙伴不爱你,这是你自己的错。
They can not help loving you if you will be kind and friendly. 如果你愿意做一个善良和友好的人,他们无法不爱你。
If you are not loved, it is a good proof that you do not deserve to be loved. 如果别人不爱你,这证明你不值得爱。
It is true that a sense of duty may, at times, render it necessary for you to do that which will displease 1 your companions. 尽管责任感有时让你必须做使伙伴感到不快的事,这是个事实。
But if it is seen that you have a noble spirit, that you are above selfishness, 但是如果他人看到你有一颗高尚的心灵,超越自私,
that you are willing to make sacrifices to promote the happiness of others, you will never be in want of friends. 愿意为他人的幸福牺牲自己,你永远也不会缺少朋友。
You must not regard it as your misfortune that others do not love you, but your fault. 如果别人不爱你,你不要认为这是你的不幸,而是你的过错。
It is not beauty, it is not wealth, that will give you friends. 使你拥有朋友的不是美丽,也不是财富。
Your heart must glow with kindness, if you would attract to yourself the esteem 2 and affection of those around you. 如果你想赢得周围人的尊敬和友谊,你的心必须洋溢着善意。
You are little aware how much the happiness of your whole life depends upon the cultivation 3 of a good disposition 4. 你很少意识到你整个生命的幸福是多么有赖于对良好性格的培养。
If you will adopt the resolution that you will confer favors whenever you can, you will certainly be surrounded by ardent 5 friends. 如果你决心不论何时只要你有能力就帮助他人,你当然会被热心的朋友包围。
Begin upon this principle in childhood, and act upon it through life, and you will make yourself happy, and promote the happiness of all within your influence. 从童年起就遵循这一原则,整个一生都奉行它,你将会让自己幸福,并能使受到你影响的人幸福。
vt.使不高兴,惹怒;n.不悦,不满,生气
- Not wishing to displease her,he avoided answering the question.为了不惹她生气,他对这个问题避而不答。
- She couldn't afford to displease her boss.她得罪不起她的上司。
n.尊敬,尊重;vt.尊重,敬重;把…看作
- I did not esteem him to be worthy of trust.我认为他不值得信赖。
- The veteran worker ranks high in public love and esteem.那位老工人深受大伙的爱戴。
n.耕作,培养,栽培(法),养成
- The cultivation in good taste is our main objective.培养高雅情趣是我们的主要目标。
- The land is not fertile enough to repay cultivation.这块土地不够肥沃,不值得耕种。
n.性情,性格;意向,倾向;排列,部署
- He has made a good disposition of his property.他已对财产作了妥善处理。
- He has a cheerful disposition.他性情开朗。