英语PK台 第652期:《老友记》900句(48)
英语课
地点:莫妮卡和瑞秋公寓
人物:罗斯,菲比,钱德勒,瑞秋,乔伊
事件:罗斯觉得这是他度过的最惨的感恩节,而钱德勒觉得自己才是“悲惨感恩节之王”。
Ross: Huh, I don't know what to pick. Am I more thankful for my divorce or my eviction 1? Hmm.
罗斯:哈,我都不知道该选哪个,我是该感谢离婚,还是感谢被赶出去呢?嗯。
Phoebe: Wow! See, and I didn't think you'd be able to come up with anything.
菲比:你看,哇,我以为你今年没什么值得感谢的呢。
Ross: I'm sorry. It's just that this is the worse Thanksgiving ever.
罗斯:抱歉,只不过这是最惨的感恩节。
Chandler: No-no-no! I am the king of bad Thanksgivings. You can't just swoop 2 in here with your bad marriage and take that away from me.
钱德勒:不不不!我才是感恩节最衰帝,你不能一下子指着你的离婚故事把我的地位抢走。
Rachel: Oh, you're not gonna tell the whole story about how your parents got divorced again, are you?
瑞秋:哦,你不会又要把你父母离婚的故事再讲一遍吧?
Ross: Oh God, no.
罗斯:哦,天啊,别这样。
Joey: Oh, come on! I wanna hear it! It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Chandler bumming 3 us out!
乔伊:哦,干吗不啊,我想听!一个没有钱德唠叨的感恩节是不完整的!
Chandler: It's a tradition, like the parade. If the parade decided 4 it was gay, moved out, and abandoned its entire family.
钱德勒:这是传统,就跟游行似的。如果游行内容也是“他离家出走,抛弃妻子”的话。
n.租地等的收回
- The family have won a temporary reprieve from eviction.这个家庭暂时免于被逐出。
- He claimed damages for unlawful eviction.他要求对非法驱逐作出赔偿。
n.俯冲,攫取;v.抓取,突然袭击
- The plane made a swoop over the city.那架飞机突然向这座城市猛降下来。
- We decided to swoop down upon the enemy there.我们决定突袭驻在那里的敌人。
发哼(声),蜂鸣声
- I've been bumming around for the last year without a job. 我已经闲荡了一年,一直没有活干。
- He was probably bumming his way home. “他多半是不花钱搭车回家。
标签:
英语PK台