美国小学英语教材4:第116课 游乐场(2)
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:美国小学英语教材4
英语课
So one day when they went over for their usual afternoon game, they found a board nailed to one of the trees, 有一天下午,他们玩游戏时发现一棵树上订着木板,
and painted on it were the words, "Keep out, everybody." 上面写道:“大家都出去。”
"I guess it doesn't mean us," said Jimmy Hopkins. “我想这不是指我们,”吉米·霍普金斯说。
"We have always played here, and no one has ever stopped us." 我们一直在这里踢球,从来没有人阻止过我们。”
"But it says 'Everybody,'" and Ben Hayes pointed 1 to the sign. “但上面写着‘所有人',”本·海斯指着牌子说道。
"Well, let's try it, anyway," said one of the other boys, and so the game began. 另一个男孩说“不管怎样,我们玩会试试吧”,于是游戏开始了。
It had been going on but a little while when they heard a man's voice say, in a somewhat sharp tone, 他们刚玩一会儿,就听见一个刺耳的声音说道:
"Well, boys, I see you didn't read my sign." “孩子们,我想你们没有看到我的标志牌。”
A tall old gentleman had stepped through a gap in the hedge and was looking at them out of a pair of keen blue eyes, half hidden by bushy gray brows. 一位高大的老先生穿过树篱的缝隙望着他们,老人有着一双敏锐的蓝眼睛,眼睛的一半被浓密的灰色眉毛给遮住了。
"Yes, sir, we read it," said some one, "but we thought it didn't mean us." “是的,先生,我们看到了,”一个人说,“但我们以为那不是指我们。”
"Oh! then you don't consider yourselves anybody. Is that it?" “哦!那你就不把自己当成外人了,是吗?”
"No, sir; we've always played here, and nobody ever said anything." “不,先生,我们一直在这里打球,没人说过我们。”
"But you see, I've bought the place now, “但是你看,我现在已经把这块地买下来了,
and I must find a way to make it bring me in some money." 我必须想办法让它给我带来一些钱。”
"Are you going to plow 2 it up?" asked Eddie Brooks 3. “你打算犁地吗?”埃迪·布鲁克斯问。
adj.尖的,直截了当的
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
n.犁,耕地,犁过的地;v.犁,费力地前进[英]plough
- At this time of the year farmers plow their fields.每年这个时候农民们都在耕地。
- We will plow the field soon after the last frost.最后一场霜过后,我们将马上耕田。
标签:
美国小学