英语PK台 第107期:重机轻友 手机控的非典型日常(2)
英语课
听力对照中英文本:
Cellphone Obsession 1
手机控的非典型生活
XG:Hey, Jing Jing. I could really use some advice.
小高:嗨,京晶,我需要点儿建议。
JJ:Okay, I’m all ears. What’s up?
京晶:行,我认真听着呢,什么事?
XG:Well, Jennifer won’t pick up the phone.I’ve tried calling her the past few days, but she won’t answer it. I think she’s mad. What should I do?
小高:詹尼佛不接我电话啊,我前几天一直给她打电话,她都不接,我想她是不是生气了,怎么办?
JJ:Well, Xiao Gao. Sometimes people just need some time alone. I recommend that you—Hey! Xiao Gao! What are you doing? I’m trying to give you some advice that you just asked for, but you’re not even paying attention!
小高:哎,小高,有时候呢人需要一点独处的时间,我只是建议你——喂,小高!你干嘛呢,我这儿正试着给你点儿建议呢,你怎么心不在焉的!
XG:Sorry, what were you saying? I was sending a text message. Jeez, just hold on okay?
小高:不好意思,你刚才说什么来着?我刚才在发短信呢,等等行吗?
JJ:Oh the audacity 2! Did you forget?!You just asked me to give you some pointers, then as I was giving you the advice, you started playing with your phone. What gives?
京晶:你怎么搞的!难道这么快就忘了?你刚才不是让我给你一点建议吗?然后我正给你建议时候,你就开始在那儿玩起手机了。你这人怎么这样?
XG:I don’t know. Geez. Sorry for looking at my smartphone. Is it a crime or something?
小高:天哪,我不知道,抱歉我盯着手机看了,怎么犯罪了吗?
JJ:You are more attached to that thing than Jennifer! I bet 3 you that’s exactly why Jennifer won’t answer her phone. Maybe she thinks that you love your smartphone more than her! I kinda feel that you would rather be friends with your smartphone than have a real human friend.
京晶:你比在乎詹尼佛更在乎手机吧!我敢保证那就是詹尼佛不接你电话的原因,也许她认为你爱你的手机胜过爱她!我真的觉得你宁愿有个手机朋友也不愿有个真实的人类朋友呢!
XG:Well, I talk to you on WeChat don’t I? What’s wrong with chatting online? Isn’t it the same?
小高:那什么,我不也跟你在微信上聊天吗?用网络聊天怎么了?难道不是一样的吗?
JJ:Um, no! Sending a text message to someone is not the same as having a real relationship with them in real life. That’s like comparing apples and oranges. It’s definitely 4 not the same, not even close!
京晶:绝不一样!给某人发短信跟在真实生活里建立关系彼此相处是不一样的。两者不可同日而语,绝不一样,一点都不一样。
XG:Hey, I really care about my smartphone. I bought it a nice cover, see?
小高:我真的很喜欢我的手机呢,看,我刚买了个新手机壳呢!
JJ:Oh, seriously? You care about your smartphone? You’ve personified your smartphone and think of it as your friend? I think you need help!
京晶:噢?是吗?你这么在乎你的手机?你把手机当成你的朋友的化身了?我想你需要帮助了。
XG:Wait, wait. Okay, fine. Starting from now. Everytime wehang out, I won’t mess with my phone. I promise.
小高:等等,好吧好吧,从今天开始,咱们以后每次出门,我都不玩手机了,我保证。
JJ:Okay, that’s a deal. Now, let me finish telling you what I think you should do with Jennifer.
京晶:好!一言为定,那我继续跟你说詹尼佛那件事我的看法…
XG:Okay, just give me one second. Let me send one last text message…
小高:好的,稍等片刻,等我把这条短信发出去…
New words fordialogue:
I’m all ears = I’mready to listen. I’m giving you my full attention 我认真听着呢
Oh, the audacity!= I can’t believe you would behave like this! 你怎么搞的!(你怎么会这样)
Pointers = advice 建议
What gives? = Whydid you do that? 你为什么那么做?
In real life = 在现实生活中
Compare apples andoranges = to compare two things that simply cannot be compared
比较两种无法比较的事,不可同日而语
Personify = toturn an object into a person (in an abstract way) 物化身人 ,拟人
Mess with[something] = here, it means to 把玩,弄
1 obsession
n.困扰,无法摆脱的思想(或情感)
- I was suffering from obsession that my career would be ended.那时的我陷入了我的事业有可能就此终止的困扰当中。
- She would try to forget her obsession with Christopher.她会努力忘记对克里斯托弗的迷恋。
2 audacity
n.大胆,卤莽,无礼
- He had the audacity to ask for an increase in salary.他竟然厚着脸皮要求增加薪水。
- He had the audacity to pick pockets in broad daylight.他竟敢在光天化日之下掏包。
3 bet
v.打赌,以(与)...打赌;n.赌注,赌金;打赌
- I bet you can't do this puzzle.我敢说,你解决不了这个难题。
- I offered to bet with him.我提出与他打赌。
4 definitely
adv.一定地,肯定地;明确地,确切地
- The team will definitely lose if he doesn't play.如果他不参加比赛,这个队肯定会输。
- I shall definitely be home before six o'clock.6点以前,我一定回家。
标签:
英语PK台