英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第253期:第十五章 卡伦一家(2)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"He left an hour ago—after reattaching your battery cables, I might add. “他一个小时以前就走了——在重新接上了你的电池线以后,我得补充这一点。
I have to admit I was disappointed. 我不得不承认我很失望。
Is that really all it would take to stop you, if you were determined 1 to go?" 这真的能阻止你吗,如果你下定决心要走的话?”
I deliberated where I stood, wanting to return to him badly, but afraid I might have morning breath. 我站在原地,仔细思考着,我迫切想要回到他怀里,但有害怕自己早上口气不清新。
"You're not usually this confused in the morning," he noted 2. “你早上通常很少这样烦恼的。”他指出来。
He held his arms open for me to return. A nearly irresistible 3 invitation. 他张开双臂,要我回到他怀里。一个几乎不可抗拒的邀请。
"I need another human minute," I admitted. “我需要另一分钟当回人类。”我坦白道。
"I'll wait." “我会等的。”
I skipped to the bathroom, my emotions unrecognizable. 我跳着奔向浴室,无法识别出自己现在是什么样的情绪。
I didn't know myself, inside or out. 我不认识我自己了,不管是内在还是外在。
The face in the mirror was practically a stranger—eyes too bright, hectic 4 spots of red across my cheekbones. 镜中的脸根本就是一个陌生人——眼睛太过明亮,点点红晕掠过我的颧骨。
After I brushed my teeth, I worked to straighten out the tangled 5 chaos 6 that was my hair. 在我刷完牙以后,我设法梳直自己乱糟糟的头发。
I splashed my face with cold water, and tried to breathe normally, with no noticeable success. 我溅起冷水洗脸,试图让呼吸变得自然些,却看不出来有半点效果。
I half-ran back to my room. 我几乎是跑着回到了房间。
It seemed like a miracle that he was there, his arms still waiting for me. 他仍在那里,简直像是个奇迹,他的双臂依然在等着我。
He reached out to me, and my heart thumped 7 unsteadily. 他伸出手够到我,我的心开始砰砰乱跳。
"Welcome back," he murmured, taking me into his arms. “欢迎回来。”他喃喃低语着,把我拉进怀里。
He rocked me for a while in silence, until I noticed that his clothes were changed, his hair smooth. 他沉默地摇着我,过了一会儿,我才注意到他换了衣服,他的头发很平整。
"You left?" I accused, touching 8 the collar of his fresh shirt. “你离开了?”我抓住他新换上了的衬衣的领子,控诉道。
1 determined
adj.坚定的;有决心的
- I have determined on going to Tibet after graduation.我已决定毕业后去西藏。
- He determined to view the rooms behind the office.他决定查看一下办公室后面的房间。
2 noted
adj.著名的,知名的
- The local hotel is noted for its good table.当地的那家酒店以餐食精美而著称。
- Jim is noted for arriving late for work.吉姆上班迟到出了名。
3 irresistible
adj.非常诱人的,无法拒绝的,无法抗拒的
- The wheel of history rolls forward with an irresistible force.历史车轮滚滚向前,势不可挡。
- She saw an irresistible skirt in the store window.她看见商店的橱窗里有一条叫人着迷的裙子。
4 hectic
adj.肺病的;消耗热的;发热的;闹哄哄的
- I spent a very hectic Sunday.我度过了一个忙乱的星期天。
- The two days we spent there were enjoyable but hectic.我们在那里度过的两天愉快但闹哄哄的。
5 tangled
n.混乱,无秩序
- After the failure of electricity supply the city was in chaos.停电后,城市一片混乱。
- The typhoon left chaos behind it.台风后一片混乱。
标签:
英语听力