英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第252期:第十五章 卡伦一家(1)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
15. THE CULLENS 第十五章 卡伦一家
The muted light of yet another cloudy day eventually woke me. 又一个多云的早晨,暗哑的光最终把我弄醒了。
I lay with my arm across my eyes, groggy 1 and dazed. 我把胳膊压在眼睛上,晕乎乎的,一片茫然。
Something, a dream trying to be remembered, struggled to break into my consciousness. 有件事情,一个梦境,试图被记起来,挣扎着闯入我的意识中。
I moaned and rolled on my side, hoping more sleep would come. 我呻吟着,翻过身来侧躺着,想要再睡一会儿。
And then the previous day flooded back into my awareness 2. 然后那个特别的一天如潮水般拥入了我的认知里。
"Oh!" I sat up so fast it made my head spin. “哦!”我坐起来得太快,头开始晕起来。
"Your hair looks like a haystack... but I like it." “你的头发看起来像个干草堆……但我喜欢这样。”
His unruffled voice came from the rocking chair in the corner. 他安静的声音从角落里的那张摇椅传来。
"Edward! You stayed!" I rejoiced, and thoughtlessly threw myself across the room and into his lap. “爱德华!你留下来了!”我欣喜若狂,不假思索地把自己扔过整个房间,落到他的膝上。
In the instant that my thoughts caught up with my actions, I froze, shocked by my own uncontrolled enthusiasm. 但等到我的思路跟上我的动作,我立刻僵住了,被自己完全失控的狂热震撼到了。
I stared up at him, afraid that I had crossed the wrong line. 我仰起脸看着他,生怕我又踩过了错误的底线。
But he laughed. 但他大笑起来。
"Of course," he answered, startled, but seeming pleased by my reaction. “当然。”他吃惊地答道,但似乎对我的反应很是高兴。
His hands rubbed my back. 他的手摩挲着,把我抱回怀里。
I laid my head cautiously against his shoulder, breathing in the smell of his skin. 我小心地把头靠在他的肩膀上,细嗅着他肌肤上的芳香。
"I was sure it was a dream." “我本来还认定,那只是一个梦。”
"You're not that creative," he scoffed 3. “你没那么有创造力。”他嘲弄道。
"Charlie!" I remembered, thoughtlessly jumping up again and heading to the door. “查理!”我这才记起来,再次不假思索地跳起来,落到地板上。
1 groggy
adj.体弱的;不稳的
- The attack of flu left her feeling very groggy.她患流感后非常虚弱。
- She was groggy from surgery.她手术后的的情况依然很不稳定。
标签:
英语听力