英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第251期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(20)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"There's no competition." His teeth gleamed. “这完全没有可比性。”他的牙齿隐约可见。
He drew my trapped hands around his back, holding me to his chest. 他拉起我受困的双手,环绕着他的背,然后把我抱在他的胸前。
I kept as still as I could, even breathing with caution. 我尽可能保持静止不动,甚至是小心翼翼地呼吸着。
"I know there's no competition," I mumbled 1 into his cold skin. "That's the problem." “我知道这完全没有可比性。”我对着他冰冷的肌肤嘟哝着。“这才是问题所在。”
"Of course Rosalie is beautiful in her way, but even if she wasn't like a sister to me, even if Emmett didn't belong with her, “当然,罗莎莉是她那种类型的美人,但即使她对我来说不像是个妹妹,即使艾美特没有和她在一起,
she could never have one tenth, no, one hundredth of the attraction you hold for me." 她也永远不可能得到你从我这里得到的,十分之一,不,百分之一的注意力。”
He was serious now, thoughtful. 他现在很认真,露出深思熟虑的神情。
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours... all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. “在差不多九十年的时光里,我在自己的同类中,还有你的同类中度过……我始终想着自己,完全没有察觉到我在寻找着什么。
And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet." 也什么都没找到,因为你还没出现在这个世界上。”
"It hardly seems fair," I whispered, my face still resting on his chest, listening to his breath come and go. “这太不公平了。”我耳语道。我的脸依然紧贴在他的胸口,听着他的呼吸。
"I haven't had to wait at all. Why should I get off so easily?" “我根本不用等待。为什么我能这么容易就得到了呢?”
"You're right," he agreed with amusement. "I should make this harder for you, definitely." “你说得很对,”他打趣地赞同道。“确实,我应该让这对你来说更艰难些的。”
He freed one of his hands, released my wrist, only to gather it carefully into his other hand. 他松开了一只手,放开我的腰,只是为了更小心地用另一只手抱紧我。
He stroked my wet hair softly, from the top of my head to my waist. 他温柔地捋着我微湿的头发,从我的头顶一直捋到我的腰间。
"You only have to risk your life every second you spend with me, that's surely not much. “你只需要在和我在一起的每一分钟都冒着生命危险。这确实还不太够。
You only have to turn your back on nature, on humanity... what's that worth?" 你只需要背离天性,背离人性……这些的代价有多大?”
"Very little — I don't feel deprived of anything." “非常小——我从未感觉到被剥夺任何事情。”
"Not yet." And his voice was abruptly 2 full of ancient grief. “只是还没有。”他的声音突然充满了远古的悲伤。
I tried to pull back, to look in his face, but his hand locked my wrists in an unbreakable hold. 我试图拉回身子,好看着他的脸,但他的手紧紧扣着我的腰,完全挣脱不开。
"What—" I started to ask, when his body became alert. “什么——”我正要问,他的身体忽然警觉起来。
I froze, but he suddenly released my hands, and disappeared. 我僵住了,但他立刻放开了我的手,然后消失了。
I narrowly avoided falling on my face. 我只能勉强不让自己趴倒在床上。
"Lie down!" he hissed 3. I couldn't tell where he spoke 4 from in the darkness. “躺下!”他嘘声说道。在黑暗中我分辨不出他的声音是从哪里传出来的。
1 mumbled
含糊地说某事,叽咕,咕哝( mumble的过去式和过去分词 )
- He mumbled something to me which I did not quite catch. 他对我叽咕了几句话,可我没太听清楚。
- George mumbled incoherently to himself. 乔治语无伦次地喃喃自语。
2 abruptly
adv.突然地,出其不意地
- He gestured abruptly for Virginia to get in the car.他粗鲁地示意弗吉尼亚上车。
- I was abruptly notified that a half-hour speech was expected of me.我突然被通知要讲半个小时的话。
标签:
英语听力