英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第257期:第十五章 卡伦一家(6)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"I don't know," I admitted. “我不知道。”我坦白道。
My dating history gave me few reference points to work with. 我的约会史没给我提供多少可供参考的注意事项。
Not that any normal rules of dating applied 1 here. 而且也没什么正常的约会指南可以用在现在这个状况。
"That's not necessary, you know. I don't expect you to... I mean, you don't have to pretend for me." “这没什么必要,你知道。我不希望你……我是说,你不必为了我而假装。”
His smile was patient. "I'm not pretending." 他耐心地笑着:“我没在假装。”
I pushed the remains 2 of my cereal around the edges of the bowl, biting my lip. 我把剩下的麦片扒拉到碗边,端起来倒到嘴里。
"Are you going to tell Charlie I'm your boyfriend or not?" he demanded. “你到底有没有打算告诉查理我是你的男朋友?”他诘问道。
"Is that what you are?" “你是吗?”
I suppressed my internal cringing 3 at the thought of Edward and Charlie and the word boy friend all in the same room at the same time. 一想到爱德华和查理还有“男朋友”这个词将出现在同一时间同一地点,我不由得强抑住一阵暗自的畏缩。
"It's a loose interpretation 4 of the word 'boy,' I'll admit." “‘男孩’这个词确实不太确切,我会承认承认这一点。”
"I was under the impression that you were something more, actually," I confessed, looking at the table. “我在想,事实上,你不仅仅是我的男朋友。”我坦白道,看着桌面。
"Well, I don't know if we need to give him all the gory 5 details." “好吧,我不知道我们是否有必要向他展示这些血淋淋的细节。”
He reached across the table to lift my chin with a cold, gentle finger. 他隔着桌子伸出手,用一根冰冷温柔的手指托起我的下颌。
"But he will need some explanation for why I'm around here so much. “但他会需要一些解释,为什么我会如次频繁地出现在这附近。
I don't want Chief Swan getting a restraining order put on me." 我不想让史温警长对我颁布一个限制令。”
"Will you be?" I asked, suddenly anxious. "Will you really be here?" “你会吗?”我问道,忽然不安起来。“你真的会在这里吗?”
"As long as you want me," he assured me. “只要你需要,我就在这里,不离不弃。”他向我保证。
"I'll always want you," I warned him. "Forever." “我每时每刻都需要你,”我警告他。“永远。”
He walked slowly around the table, and, pausing a few feet away, he reached out to touch his fingertips to my cheek. 他慢慢地绕过桌子走过来,然后,停在几英尺之外。他伸出手,用指尖触摸着我的脸颊。
His expression was unfathomable. 他的表情深不可测。
"Does that make you sad?" I asked. “这让你难过吗?”我问道。
He didn't answer. He stared into my eyes for an immeasurable period of time. 他没有回答。他看进我的眼睛里,看了很久,很久。
"Are you finished?" he finally asked. “你吃完了吗?”他最终问道。
I jumped up. "Yes." 我跳起来。“是的。”
"Get dressed—I'll wait here." “去换衣服——我在这里等你。”
1 applied
adj.应用的;v.应用,适用
- She plans to take a course in applied linguistics.她打算学习应用语言学课程。
- This cream is best applied to the face at night.这种乳霜最好晚上擦脸用。
2 remains
n.剩余物,残留物;遗体,遗迹
- He ate the remains of food hungrily.他狼吞虎咽地吃剩余的食物。
- The remains of the meal were fed to the dog.残羹剩饭喂狗了。
3 cringing
adj.谄媚,奉承
- He had a cringing manner but a very harsh voice.他有卑屈谄媚的神情,但是声音却十分粗沙。
- She stepped towards him with a movement that was horribly cringing.她冲他走了一步,做出一个低三下四,令人作呕的动作。
4 interpretation
n.解释,说明,描述;艺术处理
- His statement admits of one interpretation only.他的话只有一种解释。
- Analysis and interpretation is a very personal thing.分析与说明是个很主观的事情。
标签:
英语听力