英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第280期:第十七章 游戏(5)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
Actually, I did know that, I informed him in a hard voice. This surprised him. “确实,我不清楚这一点,”我用一种生硬的口吻告诉他。这让他大吃一惊。
But that reputation couldn't be deserved, could it? Because the Cullens never set foot on the reservation, do they? “但那种评价并不值得赞同,对吗?因为卡伦一家根本从未踏入过保留区,对吧?”
I could see that my less than subtle reminder 1 of the agreement that both bound and protected his tribe pulled him up short. 我能看出,我不着痕迹地暗示了那个既束缚了他的部落,也保护着他的部落的协议,顿时阻止了他。
That's true, he acceded 2, his eyes guarded. You seem… well informed about the Cullens. More informed than I expected. “这倒是真的。”他同意道,他的眼睛充满了提防。“你似乎……很了解卡伦一家。比我意料之中的还要了解。”
I stared him down. Maybe even better informed than you are. 我俯视着他。“也许比你更熟知内情。”
He pursed his thick lips as he considered that. Maybe. he allowed, but his eyes were shrewd. Is Charlie as well informed? 他仔细地思索着,皱起他厚厚的嘴唇。“也许。”他认可道,但他的眼神很狡猾。“查理也熟知内情吗?”
He had found the weak chink in my armor. 他找到了我的盔甲上脆弱的缝隙。
Charlie likes the Cullens a lot, I hedged. He clearly understood my evasion 3. His expression was unhappy, but unsurprised. “查理很喜欢卡伦一家。”我兜着圈子答道。他无疑明白了我在逃避。他的表情很不高兴,但并不讶异。
It's not my business, he said. But it may be Charlie's. “这与我无关,”他说道。“但这也许和查理有关。”
Though it would be my business, again, whether or not I think that it's Charlie's business, right? “不管我是否认为这与查理有关,这始终是我自己的事,对吗?”
I wondered if he even understood my confused question as I struggled not to say anything compromising. But he seemed to. 我努力不作出任何让步,我想知道他是否理解了我令人困惑的问题。但他似乎明白了。
He thought about it while the rain picked up against the roof, the only sound breaking the silence. 他思索着,雨水打在屋顶上,成为打破这片沉默的唯一的声音。
Yes, he finally surrendered. I guess that's your business, too. “是的。”他最终投降了。“我猜这也是你自己的事。”
I sighed with relief. Thanks, Billy. 我如释重负地叹了口气。“谢谢,比利。”
Just think about what you're doing, Bella, he urged. “不过要好好想想你正在做的事,贝拉。”他极力催促道。
Okay, I agreed quickly. “好吧。”我飞快地赞同道。
He frowned. What I meant to say was, don't do what you're doing. 他皱起眉。“我的意思是说,不要做你正在做的事。”
1 reminder
n.提醒物,纪念品;暗示,提示
- I have had another reminder from the library.我又收到图书馆的催还单。
- It always took a final reminder to get her to pay her share of the rent.总是得发给她一份最后催缴通知,她才付应该交的房租。
标签:
英语听力