英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第321期:第二十章 急不可耐(3)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
Though, now that I'd chased the memories down, I did have a vague impression of leaving the car the sun was just falling behind the horizon 在我追溯着自己的记忆的时候,我找回了离开车子时留下的模糊的印象——太阳刚刚落到地平线后
my arm draped over Alice's shoulder and her arm firm around my waist, dragging me along as I stumbled through the warm, dry shadows. 我的胳膊搭在爱丽丝的肩膀上,她的一只手臂稳稳地扶住我的腰,一路拖着我。我跌跌拌拌地穿过温暖干燥的林荫道。
I had no memory of this room. 我对这间屋子毫无记忆。
I looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. The red numbers claimed it was three o'clock, but they gave no indication if it was night or day. 我看着床头柜上的电子钟,红色的数字显示着现在是三点钟,但它们并没有指出现在是晚上还是白天。
No edge of light escaped the thick curtains, but the room was bright with the light from the lamps. 没有一丝光能穿透那些厚重的窗帘,但屋里被灯光照亮了。
I rose stiffly and staggered to the window, pulling back the drapes. 我僵硬地爬起身,摇摇晃晃地走到窗前,拉起窗幔。
It was dark outside. Three in the morning, then. My room looked out on a deserted 1 section of the freeway and the new longterm parking garage for the airport. 屋外一片漆黑。所以,现在是凌晨三点。从我的房间看出去,能看见空荡荡的高速路,还有新建的机场昼夜停车楼。
It was slightly comforting to be able to pinpoint 2 time and place. 能够准确地辨别出时间和地点让我稍微舒服了一些。
I looked down at myself. I was still wearing Esme's clothes, and they didn't fit very well at all. 我低头看了看自己。我依然穿着艾思梅的衣服,它们根本不合身。
I looked around the room, glad when I discovered my duffel bag on top of the low dresser. 我环顾房间,欣慰地发现我的登山包正放在那张矮脚梳妆台上。
I was on my way to find new clothes when a light tap on the door made me jump. 我正要走过去找几件干净衣服,一阵轻轻的敲门声让我跳了起来。
Can I come in? Alice asked. “我能进来吗?”爱丽丝问道。
I took a deep breath. Sure. 我深吸了一口气:“当然可以。”
She walked in, and looked me over cautiously. You look like you could sleep longer, she said. 她走进来,用过于谨慎的目光审视着我。“你看上去还能睡更久。”她说道。
I just shook my head. 我只是摇了摇头。
She drifted silently to the curtains and closed them securely before turning back to me. 她掠到窗前,没有发出半点声响,把窗帘安全地拉起来,然后转过身来向着我。
We'll need to stay inside, she told me. “我们得待在屋子里。”她告诉我。
Okay. My voice was hoarse 3; it cracked. “好的。”我的声音嘶哑,有些破音。
Thirsty? she asked. “渴了?”她问道。
I shrugged 4. I'm okay. How about you? 我耸耸肩。“我还好。你呢?”
Nothing unmanageable. She smiled. I ordered some food for you, it's in the front room. Edward reminded me that you have to eat a lot more frequently than we do. “没什么大不了的。”她微笑着。“我给你拿了点食物,放在前头的房间里了。爱德华提醒过我,你得比我们更频繁得进食,而且吃得更多。”
1 deserted
adj.荒芜的,荒废的,无人的,被遗弃的
- The deserted village was filled with a deathly silence.这个荒废的村庄死一般的寂静。
- The enemy chieftain was opposed and deserted by his followers.敌人头目众叛亲离。
2 pinpoint
vt.准确地确定;用针标出…的精确位置
- It is difficult to pinpoint when water problems of the modern age began.很难准确地指出,现代用水的问题是什么时候出现的。
- I could pinpoint his precise location on a map.我能在地图上指明他的准确位置。
标签:
英语听力