英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第312期:第十八章 猎杀(11)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
They stared at me, stunned 1. 他们都震惊地看着我。
"It's not a bad idea, really." Emmett's surprise was definitely an insult. “这主意不坏,真的。”艾美特的惊讶显然有些傲慢无礼。
"It might work—and we simply can't leave her father unprotected. You know that," Alice said. “这会有用的——我们只要不让他父亲脱离保护就行。你知道那种事。”爱丽丝说道。
Everyone looked at Edward. 每个人都在看着爱德华。
"It's too dangerous—I don't want him within a hundred miles of her." “这太危险了——我不想让他接近她周围方圆一百码的地方。”
Emmett was supremely 2 confident. 艾美特自信得快要爆出来了。
"Edward, he's not getting through us." “爱德华,他不可能从我们这里通过。”
Alice thought for a minute. 爱丽丝思索了一分钟。
"I don't see him attacking. He'll try to wait for us to leave her alone." “我没看见他采取进攻。他试图等到我们离开,留下她一个人的时候。”
"It won't take long for him to realize that's not going to happen." “用不了多久他就会意识到这不会发生的。”
"I demand that you take me home." I tried to sound firm. “我请求你,带我回家。”我试图让自己听起来坚定些。
Edward pressed his fingers to his temples and squeezed his eyes shut. 爱德华用手指按住自己的鬓角,紧紧地闭上了双眼。
"Please," I said in a much smaller voice. “求你了。”我用更小的声音说道。
He didn't look up. When he spoke 3, his voice sounded worn. 他没有抬头。当他说话时,他的声音听起来很疲倦。
"You're leaving tonight, whether the tracker sees or not. “不管那个追猎者有没有看见,你今晚就得动身。
You tell Charlie that you can't stand another minute in Forks. 你告诉查理,你不想在福克斯多呆一分钟。
Tell him whatever story works. 什么故事管用就跟他说什么。
Pack the first things your hands touch, and then get in your truck. 把你手边的东西打包起来,然后回到卡车上。
I don't care what he says to you. 我不在乎他对你说什么。
You have fifteen minutes. 你有十五分钟的时间。
Do you hear me? 你听见我说的话了吗?
Fifteen minutes from the time you cross the doorstep." 从你踏上门阶起,十五分钟。”
The Jeep rumbled 4 to life, and he spun 5 us around, the tires squealing 6. 越野车又隆隆地发动起来,他原地急转,把我们都甩到了一旁,轮胎发出尖锐的摩擦声。
The needle on the speedometer started to race up the dial. 里程计上的指针开始飞快地划过表盘。
1 stunned
adv.无上地,崇高地
- They managed it all supremely well. 这件事他们干得极其出色。
- I consider a supremely beautiful gesture. 我觉得这是非常优雅的姿态。
2 spoke
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
3 rumbled
发出隆隆声,发出辘辘声( rumble的过去式和过去分词 ); 轰鸣着缓慢行进; 发现…的真相; 看穿(阴谋)
- The machine rumbled as it started up. 机器轰鸣着发动起来。
- Things rapidly became calm, though beneath the surface the argument rumbled on. 事情迅速平静下来了,然而,在这种平静的表面背后争论如隆隆雷声,持续不断。
标签:
英语听力