英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第271期:第十六章 卡莱尔(9)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
I shivered, imagining only too clearly what he described — the alley 1 at night, the frightened girl, the dark man behind her. 我颤抖着,太过清晰地想象出了他所描述的情景——深夜的小巷,受惊的女孩,尾随着她的那个阴暗的男人。
And Edward, Edward as he hunted, terrible and glorious as a young god, unstoppable. Would she have been grateful, that girl, or more frightened than before? 还有爱德华,正在狩猎的爱德华,可怕又威武,宛如一个年轻的神明,不停地追赶着。那个女孩,她会更加感激,还是更加惊恐呢?
But as time went on, I began to see the monster in my eyes. “但随着时间的推移,我开始从自己的眼中看见了那个怪物。
I couldn't escape the debt of so much human life taken, no matter how justified 2. 不管我的行为多么正义,我都无法逃避自己夺走了那么多人命的罪过。
And I went back to Carlisle and Esme. They welcomed me back like the prodigal 3. It was more than I deserved. 然后我回到了卡莱尔和艾思梅的身边。他们热切地欢迎我这个游子归来。这远比我应得的还要多。”
We'd come to a stop in front of the last door in the hall. 我们停在了走廊尽头的最后一扇门前。
My room, he informed me, opening it and pulling me through. “我的房间。”他向我介绍道,打开门,然后把我拉进去。
His room faced south, with a wall-sized window like the great room below. The whole back side of the house must be glass. 他的房间朝南,有整整一面墙的落地窗,就像楼下的那个大房间一样。
His view looked down on the winding 4 Sol Duc River, across the untouched forest to the Olympic Mountain range. 这栋屋子的后墙一定全是玻璃。他的视野囊括了那条蜿蜒的Sol Duc河,一直穿过那片未被涉足过的密林,直到奥林匹亚山脉。
The mountains were much closer than I would have believed. 这片山脉比我相信的还要更近些。
The western wall was completely covered with shelf after shelf of CDs. His room was better stocked than a music store. 西面的墙上摆满了一个接一个架子的CD。他房间里的库存比一家音像店里的还多。
In the corner was a sophisticated-looking sound system, the kind I was afraid to touch because I'd be sure to break something. 角落里是一套看上去久经世故的音响系统,是那种我不敢轻易触碰的音响,因为我知道我一定会打坏什么东西的。
There was no bed, only a wide and inviting 5 black leather sofa. The floor was covered with a thick golden carpet, 这里没有床,只有一张宽大的让人动心的黑色皮沙发。地上铺着厚厚的金色的地毯,
and the walls were hung with heavy fabric 6 in a slightly darker shade. 墙上贴满了一种厚重的颜色稍深的织物。
1 alley
n.小巷,胡同;小径,小路
- We live in the same alley.我们住在同一条小巷里。
- The blind alley ended in a brick wall.这条死胡同的尽头是砖墙。
2 justified
a.正当的,有理的
- She felt fully justified in asking for her money back. 她认为有充分的理由要求退款。
- The prisoner has certainly justified his claims by his actions. 那个囚犯确实已用自己的行动表明他的要求是正当的。
3 prodigal
adj.浪费的,挥霍的,放荡的
- He has been prodigal of the money left by his parents.他已挥霍掉他父母留下的钱。
- The country has been prodigal of its forests.这个国家的森林正受过度的采伐。
4 winding
n.绕,缠,绕组,线圈
- A winding lane led down towards the river.一条弯弯曲曲的小路通向河边。
- The winding trail caused us to lose our orientation.迂回曲折的小道使我们迷失了方向。
标签:
英语听力