英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第370期:第二十四章 僵局(17)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
He folded his arms on the side of my bed and rested his chin on his arms. His expression was smooth, the anger reined 1 in. Evidently 2 he'd decided 3 he wasn't angry with me. 他把手臂交叠在我的床边,然后把下巴放在自己的手臂上。他的表情平静下来,他的愤怒遏制住了。很显然他已经决定了不对我发火了。
I hoped I'd get a chance to warn Alice before he caught up with her. 我希望我有机会在他抓到爱丽丝以前警告她。
"You have saved me," he said quietly. “你确实救了我。”他安静地说着。
"I can't always be Lois Lane," I insisted. "I want to be Superman, too." “我不能总当露易丝?莱恩。”我坚持着。“我也想当超人。”
"You don't know what you're asking." His voice was soft; he stared intently 4 at the edge of the pillowcase. “你不知道你自己在要求着什么。”他的声音很温柔,他紧张地盯着枕头套的边缘。
"I think I do." “我想我知道。”
"Bella, you don't know. I've had almost ninety years to think about this, and I'm still not sure." “贝拉,你不知道。我花了将近九十年的时间去思考这件事,而我还是不能确定。”
"Do you wish that Carlisle hadn't saved you?" “你希望卡莱尔没有救你吗?”
"No, I don't wish that." He paused before continuing. "But my life was over. I wasn't giving anything up." “不,我不希望那样。”他停顿了片刻,然后继续说道。“但我的生命已经结束了。我不必放弃任何东西。”
"You are my life. You're the only thing it would hurt me to lose." I was getting better at this. It was easy to admit how much I needed him. “你就是我的生命。失去你是唯一能伤害我的事。”我能更好地说出这话了。承认我有多么需要他变得容易了。
He was very calm, though. Decided. 可是,他非常地冷静。他做出了决定。
"I can't do it, Bella. I won't do that to you." “我不能这样做,贝拉。我不能让那样的事发生在你身上。”
"Why not?" My throat rasped and the words weren't as loud as I'd meant them to be. "Don't tell me it's too hard! “为什么不能?”我的喉头沙哑着,我大声地说出了那句话,尽管我本意并不想这样大声说的。“别告诉我这太艰难了!
After today, or I guess it was a few days ago… anyway, after that, it should be nothing." 在今天以后,或者我猜那已经是很多天以前的事了……无论如何,在那之后,这就不算什么。”
He glared 5 at me. 他瞪着我。
1 reined
勒缰绳使(马)停步( rein的过去式和过去分词 ); 驾驭; 严格控制; 加强管理
- Then, all of a sudden, he reined up his tired horse. 这时,他突然把疲倦的马勒住了。
- The officer reined in his horse at a crossroads. 军官在十字路口勒住了马。
2 evidently
adv.明显地,显而易见
- They were evidently trying to frighten the public into obedience.很明显,他们是要吓唬众人服从。
- He was evidently too tired to go any further.他显然太疲劳,一步也走不动了。
3 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
标签:
英语听力