英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第365期:第二十四章 僵局(12)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"I love you, too, Bella. Try to be more careful when you walk, honey, I don't want to lose you." “我也爱你,贝拉。你走路的时候请更当心点,甜心,我不想失去你。”
Edward's eyes stayed closed, but a wide grin flashed across his face. 爱德华的眼睛依然闭着,但一个大大的咧嘴一笑在他脸上一闪而过。
A nurse came bustling 1 in then to check all my tubes and wires. My mother kissed my forehead, patted my gauze-wrapped hand, and left. 一个护士匆匆忙忙地走进来,检查了我身上所有的软管和电线。我妈妈亲吻了我的前额,轻拍了一下裹着纱布的手,然后离开了。
The nurse was checking the paper readout on my heart monitor. 那个护士正在检查我的心电监护仪所打印出来的纸条。
"Are you feeling anxious, honey? Your heart rate got a little high there." “你感觉很不安吗,甜心?你的心率在这个点上有点儿高。”
"I'm fine," I assured her. “我很好。”我向她保证道。
"I'll tell your RN that you're awake. She'll be in to see you in a minute." “我会告诉你的注册护士你醒了。她会在一分钟之内过来看你的。”
As soon as she closed the door, Edward was at my side. 一等她关上门,爱德华立刻出现在了我床边。
"You stole a car?" I raised my eyebrows 2. “你偷了一辆车?”我扬起眉毛。
He smiled, unrepentant. "It was a good car, very fast." 他微笑着,没有半点悔改的意思。“那是辆好车,非常快。”
"How was your nap?" I asked. “你的小睡怎么样?”我问道。
"Interesting." His eyes narrowed. “非常有趣。”他眯起眼睛。
"What?" “什么?”
He looked down while he answered. "I'm surprised. I thought Florida… and your mother… well, I thought that's what you would want." 他垂下头去,答道:“我很惊讶。我以为佛罗里达……还有你妈妈……好吧,我以为那正是你想要的。”
I stared at him uncomprehendingly. "But you'd be stuck inside all day in Florida. You'd only be able to come out at night, just like a real vampire 3." 我无法理解地盯着他。“可你在佛罗里达得终日困住屋里。你只能在夜里外号粗,就像一个真正的吸血鬼一样。”
He almost smiled, but not quite. And then his face was grave. "I would stay in Forks, Bella. Or somewhere like it," he explained. "Someplace where I couldn't hurt you anymore." 他几乎要微笑起来了,但最终没有笑。然后他的脸黯淡下来。“我会待在福克斯,贝拉。或者某个类似于福克斯的地方。”他解释道。“某个我不会再伤害到你的地方。”
1 bustling
adj.喧闹的
- The market was bustling with life. 市场上生机勃勃。
- This district is getting more and more prosperous and bustling. 这一带越来越繁华了。
标签:
英语听力