英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第359期:第二十四章 僵局(6)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
He leaned in slowly; the beeping noise accelerated wildly before his lips even touched me. 他慢慢得俯下身来,那阵嘈杂的蜂鸣声疯狂地加速着,甚至是在他的唇吻上我之前。
But when they did, though with the most gentle of pressure, the beeping stopped altogether. 但是,在他的唇用最温柔的力度压下来时,蜂鸣声停住了。
He pulled back abruptly 1, his anxious expression turning to relief as the monitor reported the restarting of my heart. 他立刻退回去,一脸的担忧,直到监视器表明我的心脏已经重新启动,他焦虑的神情才转好。
"It seems that I'm going to have to be even more careful with you than usual." He frowned. “看样子,我得比平常更小心得跟你相处才行。”他皱起眉。
"I was not finished kissing you," I complained. "Don't make me come over there." “我还没结束和你的这个吻呢,”我抱怨着。“不要逼我在这里扑过去。”
He grinned, and bent 2 to press his lips lightly to mine. The monitor went wild. 他咧嘴一笑,然后弯下身子轻轻地把他的唇压上我的唇。监视器抓狂了。
But then his lips were taut 3. He pulled away. 但随后,他的唇紧绷起来。他退了回去。
"I think I hear your mother," he said, grinning again. “我想我听到了你妈妈。”他说着,又咧嘴笑了起来。
"Don't leave me," I cried, an irrational 4 surge of panic flooding through me. I couldn't let him go he might disappear from me again. “别离开我。”我喊出声来,一阵蛮不讲理的汹涌的恐惧席卷了我。我不能让他走——他会再度从我身旁消失不见的。
He read the terror in my eyes for a short second. "I won't," he promised solemnly, and then he smiled. "I'll take a nap." 只是短短的一秒钟,他就读懂了我的眼里的恐惧。“我不会的。”他严肃地保证道。然后,他笑了起来。“我会打个盹。”
He moved from the hard plastic chair by my side to the turquoise 5 faux-leather recliner at the foot of my bed, leaning it all the way back, and closing his eyes. 他离开我床边的那张硬邦邦的塑料椅子,坐到我床脚的那张青绿色人造革躺椅上去。他完全躺了下去,闭上了眼睛。
He was perfectly 6 still. 他真的一动不动。
"Don't forget to breathe," I whispered sarcastically 7. He took a deep breath, his eyes still closed. “别忘了呼吸。”我讽刺地低声说道。他深吸了一口气,依然闭着眼睛。
I could hear my mother now. She was talking to someone, maybe a nurse, and she sounded tired and upset. 现在连我都能听见我妈妈的声音了。她正和某人说着话,也许是个护士。她听起来既疲倦又担心。
I wanted to jump out of the bed and run to her, to calm her, promise that everything was fine. But I wasn't in any sort of shape for jumping, so I waited impatiently. 我真想从床上跳起来跑到她那里,安慰她冷静下来,向她保证一切都很好。但我现在的状态根本不可能做任何形式的跳跃动作,所以我只能安静地等着。
The door opened a crack, and she peeked 8 through. 门被猛地退开了,她从门外偷看着。
1 abruptly
adv.突然地,出其不意地
- He gestured abruptly for Virginia to get in the car.他粗鲁地示意弗吉尼亚上车。
- I was abruptly notified that a half-hour speech was expected of me.我突然被通知要讲半个小时的话。
2 bent
n.爱好,癖好;adj.弯的;决心的,一心的
- He was fully bent upon the project.他一心扑在这项计划上。
- We bent over backward to help them.我们尽了最大努力帮助他们。
3 taut
adj.拉紧的,绷紧的,紧张的
- The bowstring is stretched taut.弓弦绷得很紧。
- Scarlett's taut nerves almost cracked as a sudden noise sounded in the underbrush near them. 思嘉紧张的神经几乎一下绷裂了,因为她听见附近灌木丛中突然冒出的一个声音。
4 irrational
adj.无理性的,失去理性的
- After taking the drug she became completely irrational.她在吸毒后变得完全失去了理性。
- There are also signs of irrational exuberance among some investors.在某些投资者中是存在非理性繁荣的征象的。
5 turquoise
n.绿宝石;adj.蓝绿色的
- She wore a string of turquoise round her neck.她脖子上戴着一串绿宝石。
- The women have elaborate necklaces of turquoise.那些女人戴着由绿松石制成的精美项链。
6 perfectly
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。
7 sarcastically
adv.挖苦地,讽刺地
- 'What a surprise!' Caroline murmured sarcastically.“太神奇了!”卡罗琳轻声挖苦道。
- Pierce mocked her and bowed sarcastically. 皮尔斯嘲笑她,讽刺地鞠了一躬。
标签:
英语听力