英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第342期:第二十二章 捉迷藏(11)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
And then the TV screen was blue. 然后,电视机屏幕变成了蓝屏。
I turned slowly. He was standing 1 very still by the back exit, so still I hadn't noticed him at first. 我慢慢地转过身去。他一动不动地站在后面的那个出口前,所以起初我完全没有注意到他。
In his hand was a remote control. We stared at each other for a long moment, and then he smiled. 他手里拿着一只遥控器。我们久久地凝望着彼此,然后,他笑了。
He walked toward me, quite close, and then passed me to put the remote down next to the VCR. I turned carefully to watch him. 他向我走来,走到离我很近的地方,然后从我身旁走过去,把遥控器放到录像机旁。我小心地转过身去看着他。
Sorry about that, Bella, but isn't it better that your mother didn't really have to be involved in all this? His voice was courteous 2, kind. “我对此事很抱歉,贝拉,但你的母亲并没有真的被牵扯进来,这不是更好吗?”他的声音既谦恭又友好。
And suddenly it hit me. My mother was safe. She was still in Florida. She'd never gotten my message. 忽然间,这个事实向我迎头击下。我的母亲安全了。她还在佛罗里达。她从没接到我的留言。
She'd never been terrified by the dark red eyes in the abnormally pale face before me. She was safe. 她从没被我眼前这张异常苍白的脸上那双阴暗的血红双眼所吓到。她安全了。
Yes, I answered, my voice saturated 3 with relief. “是的,”我答道。我的声音里渗满了宽慰。
You don't sound angry that I tricked you. I'm not. My sudden high made me brave. What did it matter now? It would soon be over. “你听起来并没有因为我欺骗你而生气。”“我没有。”我突如其来的情绪高涨让我勇敢了起来。
Charlie and Mom would never be harmed, would never have to fear. I felt almost giddy. 现在这件事还重要吗?一切很快就要结束了。查理和妈妈永远不会受到伤害,永远不必恐惧。
Some analytical 4 part of my mind warned me that I was dangerously close to snapping from the stress. 我感到一阵头晕目眩。我脑子里的某些善于推理的部分警告我,我现在很危险,很有可能会因为压力的骤然消失而崩溃掉。
How odd. You really mean it. His dark eyes assessed me with interest. The irises 5 were nearly black, just a hint of ruby 6 around the edges. Thirsty. “真奇怪。你就是这个意思。”他阴暗的眼睛饶有趣味地估量着我。他的虹膜几近黑色,仅仅是在虹膜边缘才有一丝深红色。口渴。
I will give your strange coven this much, you humans can be quite interesting. I guess I can see the draw of observing you. “我给你那个古怪的巫会送上这样一份大礼,你这个人类一定会很感兴趣的。我猜,通过观察你,
It's amazing some of you seem to have no sense of your own self-interest at all. 我看到了一场精彩的演出。这实在很惊人你们中的一些人完全没有注意到你的私心。”
1 standing
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
2 courteous
adj.彬彬有礼的,客气的
- Although she often disagreed with me,she was always courteous.尽管她常常和我意见不一,但她总是很谦恭有礼。
- He was a kind and courteous man.他为人友善,而且彬彬有礼。
3 saturated
a.饱和的,充满的
- The continuous rain had saturated the soil. 连绵不断的雨把土地淋了个透。
- a saturated solution of sodium chloride 氯化钠饱和溶液
4 analytical
adj.分析的;用分析法的
- I have an analytical approach to every survey.对每项调查我都采用分析方法。
- As a result,analytical data obtained by analysts were often in disagreement.结果各个分析家所得的分析数据常常不一致。
标签:
英语听力