英语PK台 第838期:跟《老友记》学美语(6)
英语课
地点:咖啡馆,莫妮卡公寓
人物:乔伊、菲比、罗斯、钱德勒、莫妮卡
事件:钱德勒、乔伊邀请罗斯看曲棍球。
剧情片段
Joey: ...95, 96, 97. See, I told you! Less than a hundred steps from our place to here.
乔伊:……95,96,97。看吧,我说得没错吧!从我们住的地方走到这儿不到一百步。
Chandler: You got way too much free time.1
钱德勒:你可真闲啊。
Joey: Hey! Here’s the birthday boy! Ross, check it out: hockey tickets, Rangers-Penguins, tonight at the Garden, and we’re taking you.
乔伊:嘿!这不是我们的寿星吗?罗斯,瞧,冰球赛门票,骑兵队对企鹅队,今晚在花园球场,我们要带你去看。
Chandler: Happy birthday, pal 1!
钱德勒:生日快乐,老兄。
Joey: We love you, man.
乔伊:我们爱你,哥们。
Ross: Funny, my birthday was seven months ago.
罗斯:你们真幽默,我的生日是在七个月前。
Joey: So?
乔伊:所以呢?
Ross: So, I’m guessing you had an extra 2 ticket and couldn’t decide which one of you got to bring a date, huh?③2
罗斯:所以,我猜一定是你们多了一张票,又找不到人一起去看,是吧?
Chandler: Well, aren’t we Mr. “The glass is half empty.”3④
钱德勒:我们不是“悲观先生”。
Ross: Oh my God 3, oh. Is today the 20th, October 20th?
罗斯:天啊,哦,今天是10月20号?
Monica: Oh, I was hoping you wouldn’t remember.
莫妮卡:哦,我正希望你没记起来呢。
Joey: What’s wrong with the twentieth⑤?
乔伊:20号有什么不对劲吗?
Chandler: Eleven days before Halloween④, all the good costumes 4 are gone?4
钱德勒:万圣节的前11天,所有的好服装都被借走了?
1 pal
n.朋友,伙伴,同志;vi.结为友
- He is a pal of mine.他是我的一个朋友。
- Listen,pal,I don't want you talking to my sister any more.听着,小子,我不让你再和我妹妹说话了。
2 extra
adj.额外的,外加的;特大的
- We do not ask for extra pay.我们不要求额外报酬。
- You have to pay extra for breakfast.早餐你要另外付费。
标签:
英语PK台