英语PK台 第453期:《老友记》900句(7)
英语课
地点:公寓楼道
人物:瑞秋,罗斯
事件:作为昔日的情侣如今的好友,瑞秋劝罗斯抓住并珍惜与英国女孩艾米丽的感情,不要止于现在。
Rachel: Is there room on that step for a pathetic 1 loser?
瑞秋:这台阶上有悲哀的失败者坐的地方吗?
Ross:Yeah, have a seat.
罗斯:有,坐吧。
Rachel: I'm so sorry.
瑞秋:我真对不起你。
Ross: That's okay. I mean it was just two-week thing anyway. I just didn't want it to end this way.
罗斯:没关系,反正也只是两周的事,我只是不想以这种方式结束。
Rachel: You seem to really like her.
瑞秋:看起来你真的很喜欢她。
Ross: Yeah, I really do.Yeah, but what am I gonna do? I mean we–we both agreed that it was gonna be a two-week thing, y'know no commitment 2.
罗斯:是,我真的很喜欢她。是啊,但我又能做什么呢?我们都心照不宣,知道这只是两周的事,没有承诺。
Rachel: Ross, that girl just spent the entire evening talking to your friends, asking to hear stories about you, looking through Monica's photo albums. I mean you don't do that if you're just in it for two weeks.
瑞秋:罗斯,那个姑娘用整晚的时间和你的朋友聊天,打听所有关于你的事情,还看莫妮卡的相册,我的意思是,没有谁会只想交往两周还做这些的。
Ross:You think?
罗斯:你这么想?
Rachel: Yeah, you got like 14 hours until she has to be at the airport, and you're sitting here in the hallway with a 28-year-old cheerleader with a fat lip.
瑞秋:是的,她还有14个小时就得到机场赶飞机了,而你却和一个28岁的、嘴唇肿起来的拉拉队长坐在走廊里。
Ross: Hey, you're right. Thanks. What photo album was it?
罗斯:嘿,你说得对,谢谢。她们看的什么相册啊?
Rachel: I don't know. It was you and a bunch of albino kids.
瑞秋:不知道,是你和一群白化病孩子的。
Ross: Oh my God! Those weren't albino kids, that was computer camp! Rach!
罗斯:天啊,他们不是白化病,那是在计算机夏令营,瑞!
adj.悲哀的,可怜的,感伤的,不足的,差强人意的
- The animal gave a pathetic little whimper.这只动物低声哀叫,令人怜悯。
- I refused to go along with their pathetic charade.我拒不跟他们摆出那副可悲的装模作样的姿态。
n.奉献,忠诚,辛劳,委托,实行,承担义务,赞助
- The builder had a commitment to finish the work on time.那个承建商答应过准时完工。
- He made a commitment to pay the rent on time.他保证按时付房租。
标签:
英语PK台