英语PK台 第2期:那些曾经2014的新年新打算(2)
英语课
上期中译英答案:
(一)
XiaoGao: Well, I think I'll save up for a new car. I'm sick of riding my bike everywhere!
小高:嗯,我想我要存钱买辆新车,我都受够了每天骑车到处走。
Jingjing:I've gotta hand it to you, Xiao Gao, that sounds like a great idea.
京晶:那我可真佩服你!小高,这主意不错!
XiaoGao:And you? What are your New Year's resolutions?
小高:那你呢?你有什么新年的决心?
(二)
Jingjing:I'm going to be an early bird and start waking up really early.
京晶:我要当一个早起的人,然后开始早起。
XiaoGao: I'll pass on that. I like sleeping in late!
小高:那我就算了吧!我喜欢睡懒觉
Jingjing:Anyways, what are you doing tonight? Shall we go paint the town red?
京晶:内什么,你今晚有何安排?我们出去狂欢吧!
XiaoGao:I'm game!
小高:走一个!
New words for dialogue :
Tell me about it = an expression meaning "I know" I have experienced what you are talking about.自己跟说话人有共同的经历或者体验,对说话人表示赞同、附和。可以翻译成“可不是嘛,谁不说呢”之类的
Have in mind = to think about.想,考虑
Save up = accumulate money.攒钱
Sick of [something] = don't like something because you've done it too many times.厌倦做某事
Hand it to someone = to acknowledge 1 someone's efforts; to give credit to someone.赞扬,佩服某人
Early bird = someone who wakes up early in the morning.早起族
I'll pass on [something] = I'll refuse to do something. 我就算了吧,免了吧
Paint the town red = to have a wild time in the city; to party or dance all night in town. 狂欢
I'm game = I want to do it.
vt.承认...的权威,告知,收到,报偿
- With so much evidence against him he had to acknowledge his error.在这么多的证据面前,他不得不承认错误。
- It is ungracious of me not to acknowledge your help.你大力帮助而我尚未表示谢意,十分失礼。
标签:
英语PK台