英语PK台 第362期:玩点儿刺激的?
英语课
Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Ah, another beautiful day, isn't it? What's the game plan for today?
京晶:哇,又是一个好天气,太棒了!今天的行动计划是什么?
Mark: I dunno, I'll probably just sit at home and read a book.
马克:我不知道,我可能就待在家里看看书。
Jingjing: Read a book? On such a perfect day? Geez, your life seems a little dull, don't you think?
京晶:看书?在这么美丽的一天?天啊,你的生活似乎有点沉闷,你不觉得吗?
Mark: Yeah, maybe, but I like leading my simple life. It's safe, easy, and predictable. I'm not one of those people that likes living on the edge.
马克:是的,也许吧,但我喜欢过简单的生活。它安全、方便、可以预测。我不喜欢过惊险刺激的生活。
Jingjing: Oh, come on! Live a little, will ya?
京晶:拜托!给生活增添点儿滋味,好不好?
Mark: Well, what do you suggest I do in order to make my life more interesting?
马克:好吧,你有什么建议吗,能让我的生活更有趣?
Jingjing: Hey, how about you and I go... Oh, what's that word? It's on the tip of my tongue. It's where you can glide 1 down a hill or a mountain with special wings on your back.
京晶:嘿,不如你跟我去……那个词怎么说来着?话都到嘴边了,就是说不出来。就是在你的背部安上特殊的翅膀然后从山上滑行下来的那个。
Mark: You mean hang gliding 2? I don't know... I don't think I have the wits to do that. It seems a little dangerous.
马克:你是说滑翔?我不知道……我不认为我有胆量做这个。这似乎有点儿危险。
Jingjing: I tell you what. I'll look into it for us. Just promise me that you'll do it? Don't wimp 3 out okay?
京晶:这样吧。我来调查一下。答应我,你会跟我去好吗?不许退缩!
Mark: Okay, okay! I'll do it.
马克:好吧,好吧!
我会做到的。
Jingjing: Yes! This is gonna be awesome 4!
京晶:太好了!这肯定会特别有意思的!
习语短语
game plan=[俚语]行动计划
dull=沉闷无趣的;无聊的;波澜不惊的
live on the edge=生活在边缘,生活在危险或极端条件下
live a little=如果你告诉别人“live a little”,意思是你想让他们承担些风险,做一些令人兴奋或有趣而他们通常不会做的事情
on the tip of (one's) tongue=话到嘴边,就是说不出来
hang gliding=滑翔翼
have the wits to do something=有勇气做某事
look into (something)=进一步调查某事;得到具体信息;打听
wimp out=因为害怕而退缩
Dialogue 2
Mark: I can't believe we're actually doing this. This is crazy! My heart's beating a million times a second.
马克:我简直不敢相信,我们真的要跳了。这太疯狂了!我的心都快跳出来了。
Jingjing: Just whatever you do, don't chicken out. Otherwise we will have come here in vain.
京晶:不管怎样,都不许临阵退缩。否则,我们就白来了。
Mark: Don't worry, I made it this far. I'm not backing out now.
马克:别担心,我都走到这一步了。我不会反悔的。
Jingjing: Good, it's time we let our hair down and have a good time. After all, that's why we're here, aren't we? Okay, let's get our equipment ready now.
京晶:好,现在是时候放松和享受一下了,毕竟,这才是我们来这里的原因,对吧?好了,现在让我们把装备准备好吧。
Mark: Hey, how come you get to use the yellow wings? I wanted to use them.
马克:嘿,你怎么用黄色的翅膀?我想用黄色。
Jingjing: Don't be a baby, the red ones you're using are just as good looking. Come on, let's get ready to have some fun.
京晶:别耍小孩子脾气了,红色的一样很好看。来吧,让我们准备好享受乐趣吧。
Mark: Oh, Jingjing, I can't thank you enough for dragging me out here. I think this is gonna be just what the doctor ordered.
马克:哦,京晶,我非常感谢你能够拽我来这里。我认为这正是我需要的。
Jingjing: Definitely, it's a good stress reliever. Okay, on the count of three, we're gonna run off this hill together. Ready?
京晶:当然,这是一个很好的缓解压力的方式。好了,数到三,我们就一起跳下去。准备好了吗?
Mark: Okay.
马克:好了。
BOTH: 1-2-3 Wheeeeeeeeee!
一起:1-2-3,跳!
习语短语
My heart's beating a million times a second.=我的心脏一秒能跳动一百万次,用来表达令人难以控制的紧张或兴奋。
chicken out=临阵退缩,因为太害怕或紧张
do (something) in vain=白做某事了,没有效益
let (one's) hair down=放松和享受
drag (someone) to do (something)=拽某人来做某事,违背对方的意愿
stress reliever=能缓解压力的任何一项活动
n./v.溜,滑行;(时间)消逝
- We stood in silence watching the snake glide effortlessly.我们噤若寒蝉地站着,眼看那条蛇逍遥自在地游来游去。
- So graceful was the ballerina that she just seemed to glide.那芭蕾舞女演员翩跹起舞,宛如滑翔。
n.无用的人
- The more she called her husband a wimp,the more timid he became.她越叫她先生懦夫,他就越胆小怯懦。
- I hate those who get on their high horses in front of wimps.我最恨那些在弱者面前盛气凌人的人。
标签:
英语PK台