英语PK台 第366期:宾语从句精讲(3)
英语课
介词引导的宾语从句
1. 介词+宾语从句
短语动词中的介词与that引导的宾语从句连用,介词直接挂宾语从句。例如:
We are talking about whether we admit students into our club.
我们正在讨论是否让学生加入我们的俱乐部。
The new book is about how Shenzhou 11 manned spaceship was sent up into space.
这本新书是关于神舟11号载人航天飞船是如何升入太空的。
The boy was interested in whatever he saw here.
那个孩子对在那里看到的任何事物都感兴趣。
2. 介词+形式宾语it+宾语从句
短语动词中的介词与that引导的宾语从句连用时,需增加形式宾语it,位于真实宾语之前。例如:
You may depend upon it that they will support your proposal 1.
你可以相信他们将支持你的意见。
We will answer for it that the apparatus 2 is of good quality.
我们保证该仪器的质量很好。
3. 介词except, but, besides, beyond, in, save引导宾语从句
in that“在于;因为”,其余五个都是“除了”之意。注意:必须接that,不可省,并与that构成复合词,起连词作用。例如:
I know nothing about my new neighbor except that he used to work with a company.
对于我的新邻居我除了知道他曾在一家公司上班外,其他一无所知。
He gave us several examples besides that he explained the theory.
他除了给我们解释理论之外,还给我们举了好几个例子。
We do not know anything except that she was married to a priest 3 and she ran away from that marriage.
除了她和一个牧师结婚了,并从婚姻生活中逃走了,我们什么都不知道。
Nothing would please him but that we go along.
除了我们继续进行下去之外,什么都不会使他开心。
I heard nothing beyond that he is ill.
除了他生病之外,我并未听说其他。
There was no sound save that from time to time a bird called.
除了两声鸟叫之外,一点声音也没有。
I prefer his plan to yours in that I think it is more practical.
我更喜欢他的计划,因为他的计划比你的更实际。
形容词引导的宾语从句
把形容词理解为动词功能。常用来引导宾语从句的形容词有:表示主观感受的形容词,在语义逻辑上等同于谓语表达,后面接名词性从句可理解为它的宾语。如sure, certain, glad, pleased, happy, sorry, afraid, satisfied, surprised, ashamed, anxious, aware, annoyed, certain, confident, convinced 4, disappointed, determined 5, glad, proud, satisfied, thankful, worried等。例如:
I am sure that I will pass the exam.
我确信我会通过考试。
I am sorry that I have troubled you so long.
很抱歉我这么长时间在打扰你。
He is glad that his wife looked after him when he was ill.
他很高兴在他生病的时候他妻子照顾了他。
I am afraid that you've misunderstood your boss.
我担心你误解了你的老板。
She was so afraid that Grandma would leave and there would be no one to take care of us.
她深怕外婆会离开,那样的话就没有人照料我们了。
Are you aware that there is a difficulty?
你意识到这件事有难度了吗?
Yet she felt certain, after a while, that she was traveling the same street over and over.
可过了一会儿,她清楚地感觉到,她正一遍又一遍地走过相同的街道。
n.提议,建议;求婚
- I feel that we ought to accept his proposal.我觉得我们应该接受他的建议。
- They could not gain over anyone to support their proposal.他们无法争取到支持他们建议的人。
n.装置,器械;器具,设备
- The school's audio apparatus includes films and records.学校的视听设备包括放映机和录音机。
- They had a very refined apparatus.他们有一套非常精良的设备。
n.神父,牧师,司铎,司祭,领导者,神甫;vt.使成为神职人员
- He confessed to a priest that he had sinned.他向神父忏悔他犯了罪。
- The priest visited all the old people in the parish.牧师探望了教区里的所有老人。
adj.确信的;深信的;有坚定信仰的v.使确信(convince的过去分词);说服
- I am convinced of her innocence. 我坚信她是清白无辜的。
- I'm convinced there's a jinx on this car. 我看这辆汽车是灾星。
adj.坚定的;有决心的
- I have determined on going to Tibet after graduation.我已决定毕业后去西藏。
- He determined to view the rooms behind the office.他决定查看一下办公室后面的房间。
标签:
英语PK台