英语PK台 第367期:单身节冒雪约会冻成狗
英语课
Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Hey, Mark. How did Singles' Day go? I forgot to ask you about it.
京晶:嘿,马克。我忘了问你了,你光棍节过得如何呀?
Mark: What's Singles' Day?
马克:什么是光棍节?
jingjing: It's November 11 of every year. Think about it, November is the eleventh month, and on the eleventh day there are four ones in the date. It represents singles.
京晶:就是每年的11月11日。想想看,11月是第十一个月份,11号这天正是四个1构成的日期,它代表单身。
Mark: Oh, well, that explains why there were so many single ladies walking in the park on that day. In fact, I was just about to head out the door. I have a date with a girl I met at the park that day!
马克:哦,这就解释了为什么那天有这么多的单身女孩在自己逛公园。话说,我今天跟那天在公园遇见的一个女孩有个约会,正要出门呢!
Jingjing: Wait wait wait, really? I want details!
京晶:等等等等,真的吗?求细节!
Mark: I wish I could, but she's gonna be here any minute to pick me up. Oh, speak of the devil 1! She's here now.
马克:我也想,但她随时可能会过来接我。哈,说曹操曹操到!她到了。
Jingjing: Oh, my gosh! That's great. Tell me her name!
京晶:哦,我的天哪!太好了。快告诉我她的名字!
Mark: Her name's Poppy. Anyways, I really gotta get rolling.
马克:她的名字叫波碧。好啦,我真的得走啦。
Jingjing: Okay, okay. I'll catch you later. Take care and have fun!
京晶:好吧,好吧。回头再聊,好好玩!
Mark: Bye!
马克:嗯,好!
习语短语
single=单身
head out the door=离开;出发
I want details!=快告诉我所有细节!
any minute=很快,随时
speak of the devil=说曹操曹操到
get rolling=离开;出发
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Oh,my gosh, Mark! You made it home in one piece! I was worried sick about you! What happened?
京晶:哦,我的天哪,马克!你终于安全到家了!我担心死了!到底发生什么事了?
Mark: (sniff 2 sniff, cough cough) I was walking around the park with Poppy when suddenly the weather became terrible. I didn't expect it to get so cold so quickly.
马克:(呼哧呼哧,咳嗽咳嗽)我正和波碧在公园溜达,突然天气就变坏了。我没想到天会冷得这么快。
Jingjing: Mark! What were you thinking? You should have bundled 3 up before you went outside. The weatherman said it was going to snow 10 inches tonight.
京晶:马克!你怎么想的?你应该多穿点儿。气象员说今晚会下10英寸厚的大雪。
Mark: Yeah. It turned into a blizzard 4! Anyways, the car wouldn't start when it was time to leave. I spent about 30 minutes in the bitter cold trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally, we ended up calling a tow 5 truck.
马克:是的。真的下了暴风雪!要离开的时候车子就是无法启动。我在严寒中修车修了30分钟试图找出问题。最后没办法,还是叫了一辆拖车。
Jingjing: Well, I'm glad you're okay. But it seems like you're a little under the weather now.
京晶:我很高兴你没事。但你现在似乎有点儿不舒服。
Mark: I think I'll be okay. My hands are numb 6 though.
马克:我想应该没事,就是我的手都冻麻了。
Jingjing: Really? Quick! Run your hands under cold water right now. You might have frost bite.
京晶:真的吗?快!把你的手在冷水里冲一会。你可能被冻伤了。
Mark: Okay okay. (Mark runs his hands under cold water.) Ahhh, that feels much better.
马克:好吧,好吧。(马克在冷水里冲手。)哎呀,这下感觉好多了。
Jingjing: See, I told you that would help. Now go upstairs and hit the sack 7. You need to get some rest.
京晶:你看,我就说这么做会有用吧。现在快上楼睡觉吧。你需要好好休息一下。
Mark: Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
马克:好吧,我们明天再聊。谢谢你的帮助!
Jingjing: Don't mention it!
京晶:客气什么,晚安!
习语短语
make it home in one piece=安全到达
worried sick=担心死了,非常担心
bundle up=穿很多御寒的衣服
blizzard=暴雪
bitter cold=极冷的天气
tow truck=拖车
under the weather=生病,身体不适
numb=麻木,没有感觉
frost bite=冻伤,冻僵了
hit the sack=睡觉,就寝
n.魔鬼,恶魔
- It is easier to raise the devil than to lay him.召鬼容易驱鬼难。
- Susie,you're a determined little devil.苏茜,你真是个坚决的小家伙。
vi.嗅…味道;抽鼻涕;对嗤之以鼻,蔑视
- The police used dogs to sniff out the criminals in their hiding - place.警察使用警犬查出了罪犯的藏身地点。
- When Munchie meets a dog on the beach, they sniff each other for a while.当麦奇在海滩上碰到另一条狗的时候,他们会彼此嗅一会儿。
附随的
- He was bundled out of the room with unceremonious haste. 他被粗暴地轰出屋外。
- He was yanked out of the house and bundled into a car. 他被人从房子里拽了出来塞进一辆汽车。
n.暴风雪
- The blizzard struck while we were still on the mountain.我们还在山上的时候暴风雪就袭来了。
- You'll have to stay here until the blizzard blows itself off.你得等暴风雪停了再走。
n.拖,拉,牵引
- The broken-down car was taken in tow by a lorry.那辆坏了的车由一辆货车拖着。
- Mrs Hayes went to the supermarket with her four little children in tow.海斯太太带着她的4个小孩到超市去了。
adj.麻木的,失去感觉的;v.使麻木
- His fingers were numb with cold.他的手冻得发麻。
- Numb with cold,we urged the weary horses forward.我们冻得发僵,催着疲惫的马继续往前走。
标签:
英语PK台