打工姐妹花第一季 第245期:凯洛琳收到信件
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
Hey, how'd it go?
怎么样了
Well, according to my father's lawyer, the prison is surrounded by so much press
根据我父亲的律师所说,监狱被太多媒体包围
that daddy doesn't want me to come out there and be exploited all over again.
老爸不想我出现,然后被媒体再度生吞活剥
Why is he still the only news story out there?
为啥就没有其他大新闻了啊
Well, the good news is, your hair is especially shiny today.
别气,好歹今天你的头发超闪闪动人啊
It is? Thanks, Sophie.
真的吗,谢了,苏菲
So try not to kill yourself.
听完就别想着自杀了哦
Well, if I didn't kill myself reading these in the car, I won't.
我在车上读这些信时,都没跑去死,现在也不会了
Hate mail. It was being held at my old P.O. Box.
怒骂信。这些全都寄到了我以前的邮箱
My father's lawyer picked it up for me.
我父亲的律师帮我收的信
Why didn't he just punch you in the face and call it a day?
他何不直接扁你一拳就算了
I know, it's like the end of Miracle on 34th street, only everyone's calling me a bitch.
对啊,这跟《34街的奇迹》的结局差不多,差别只是大家都叫我贱货
Oh, come on, not everyone is calling you a bitch. "Dear bitch, I hate you."
也不是大家都骂你贱货的吧。"贱货你好,我恨你"
打工姐妹花第一季
"If I ever see you on the street, I will..."
"哪天让我在街上见到你,我一定...
shake your hand and wish you well, as you have been through so very much.
会跟你握手,然后祝福你平安,希望你能雨过天晴"
That is not what that says.
信上才不是这么写呢
It might be. It's hard to read his actual words, as they are written in blood.
也是有可能啊。他这血书字迹太潦草,什么内容都有可能啊。
Oh, look how fancy. This is not hate mail.
好华丽的信封,这不是怒骂信啊
No, this is invitation to Metropolitan 1 Museum annual gala.
是邀请参加大都会博物馆的年度晚会
It is? This is my favorite social event in all of New York. I've gone every year since I was 18.
是吗?这是我在纽约最爱的社交活动了。18岁那年起,我每年都去了
It's a fashion ball at the museum of art... Yeah, I know what it is. I catered 2 it last year.
这是在美术博物馆里的时尚舞会。我知道那是干嘛的。我去年去当过服务生呢。
Max, how weird 3. We were probably right in the very same room.
麦克斯,太巧了吧。没准去年我们就再同一个房间里
Then there's a good chance I spit in your drink.
那我很可能有往你饮料吐过口水哦
Not really, unless you were acting 4 all prissy and demanding.
也不见得,除非你当时又霸道又烦人
There's a good chance you spit in my drink.
那还真有可能给饮料吐过口水。
adj.大城市的,大都会的
- Metropolitan buildings become taller than ever.大城市的建筑变得比以前更高。
- Metropolitan residents are used to fast rhythm.大都市的居民习惯于快节奏。
提供饮食及服务( cater的过去式和过去分词 ); 满足需要,适合
- We catered for forty but only twenty came. 我们准备了40客饭菜,但只来了20个人。
- They catered for everyone regardless of social rank. 他们为所有人服务而不计较其社会地位。
adj.古怪的,离奇的;怪诞的,神秘而可怕的
- From his weird behaviour,he seems a bit of an oddity.从他不寻常的行为看来,他好像有点怪。
- His weird clothes really gas me.他的怪衣裳简直笑死人。
标签:
打工姐妹花