英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第137期:第九章 理论(1)
时间:2019-02-15 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
Chapter 9 Theory 第九章 理论
"Can I ask just one more?" I pleaded as Edward accelerated much too quickly down the quiet street. “我能再问一个问题吗?”我恳求道。爱德华在安静的街道上越开越快。
He didn't seem to be paying any attention to the road. 他似乎根本就没在注意路况。
He sighed. 他叹了口气。
"One," he agreed. His lips pressed together into a cautious line. “就一个。”他同意了。他的双唇又抿紧成一条谨慎的线条。
"Well...you said you knew I hadn't gone into the bookstore, and that I had gone south. “嗯……你说你知道我没进书店,而且我往南走了。
I was just wondering how you knew that." 我只是想弄明白你是怎么知道的。”
He looked away, deliberating. 他看向别处,思索着。
"I thought we were past all the evasiveness," I grumbled 1. “我认为我们都不应该逃避的。”我喃喃地抱怨道。
He almost smiled. 他几乎微笑起来。
"Fine, then. I followed your scent 2." “好吧,那么,我一路跟随着你的气息。”
He looked at the road, giving me time to compose my face. 他看着路面,让我有时间恢复脸上的镇定。
I couldn't think of an acceptable response to that, but I filed it carefully away for future study. 对此我根本想不出任何令人满意的回答,但我小心地把它归档,以供日后研究。
I tried to refocus. 我试着重新集中注意力。
I wasn't ready to let him be finished, now that he was finally explaining things. 既然他终于开始解释了,我可不准备让他就此打住。
"And then you didn't answer one of my first questions..." I stalled. “还有,你还没回答我最开始问的一个问题……”我在拖延时间。
He looked at me with disapproval 3. "Which one?" 他不赞同地看着我:“哪一个?
"How does it work—the mind-reading thing? “这是怎么起作用的——读心术?
Can you read anybody's mind, anywhere? 你能读任何地方,任何人的心吗?
How do you do it? Can the rest of your family...?" 你是怎么做到的?你家里别的成员能……?”
I felt silly, asking for clarification on make-believe. 我觉得自己很愚蠢,居然为了掩饰自己而要求他澄清一切。
"That's more than one," he pointed 4 out. “这可不止一个问题。”他指出。
I simply intertwined my fingers and gazed at him, waiting. 我只是十指交缠,然后注视着他,等待着。
抱怨( grumble的过去式和过去分词 ); 发牢骚; 咕哝; 发哼声
- He grumbled at the low pay offered to him. 他抱怨给他的工资低。
- The heat was sweltering, and the men grumbled fiercely over their work. 天热得让人发昏,水手们边干活边发着牢骚。
n.气味,香味,香水,线索,嗅觉;v.嗅,发觉
- The air was filled with the scent of lilac.空气中弥漫着丁香花的芬芳。
- The flowers give off a heady scent at night.这些花晚上散发出醉人的芳香。
n.反对,不赞成
- The teacher made an outward show of disapproval.老师表面上表示不同意。
- They shouted their disapproval.他们喊叫表示反对。
标签:
英语听力