时间:2019-02-14 作者:英语课 分类:英语PK台


英语课

 地点:中央公园咖啡馆


人物:瑞秋,罗斯
事件:罗斯向瑞秋抱怨自己教新课频频迟到,但决心继续坚持下去。
Rachel: You were 50 minutes late to the class. Did you crawl 1 there?
瑞秋:你上课迟到了50分钟?你是爬过去的吗?
Ross: No, I ran. It was really far, and when did people stop understanding the phrase, "Get the hell 2 out of my way!"
罗斯:不是,我是跑过去的。那真的很远,而且现在的人怎么听不懂人话:“别挡我的路!”
Rachel: Well, why didn't you just take a cab 3?
瑞秋:那你干嘛不搭出租车啊?
Ross: Ugh, between the traffic that time of day and all the one-way streets it'll take me twice as long. Besides, I teach the class three times a week, who am I? Rockefeller?
罗斯:哎,那段时间交通很堵,再加上一路都是单行道,搭出租车要花上两倍的时间。另外,我一周上三堂课,你当我像洛克菲勒那样有钱啊?
Rachel: Well you're not gonna be able to keep doing this.
瑞秋:你这样下去会吃不消的。
Ross: Well I have to. Okay? If I don't, they'll take the class away from me. And...I already put it in my family newsletter.
罗斯:可我也没办法啊,明白吗?如果我不那么做,他们就会不让我教这门课了。而我已经在家族通讯里报道这件事了。
Rachel: You what?
瑞秋:什么?
Ross: You've seen it, the Geller Yeller.
罗斯:你看过的,《盖勒通讯报》
Rachel: Right. Wow!
瑞秋:对。哇哦!
Ross: Besides, I-I think I figured out a much faster route. I'm sure I can make it this time. I just...I just can't be afraid to get a little bit...hit by cars.
罗斯:而且,我,我想到了一条比较快的路线,我肯定这次能及时赶到。只要我……我不害怕被……被车撞到就行。

vi./n.爬行,匍匐行进;缓慢(费力)地行进
  • We learn to crawl before we learn to walk.我们学会走路之前先要学会爬。
  • She slowed the car to a crawl.她把车开得很慢。
n.地狱,阴间;用以咒骂或表示愤怒,不满
  • It's a hell of a hike from Sydney to Perth.从悉尼到珀斯的徒步旅行简直苦死了。
  • The boss really gave me hell today.老板今天着实数落了我一通。
n.计程车,出租车,出租单马车;vi.乘出租马车
  • The cab drove over his legs.马车从他腿上碾过。
  • Shall we walk or take a cab?我们步行还是坐出租车?
标签: 英语PK台
学英语单词