英语PK台 第753期:《老友记》900句(69)
英语课
地点:钱德勒和乔伊的公寓(原莫妮卡和瑞秋的公寓)
人物:钱德勒,乔伊,菲比
事件:菲比孕后忍不住想吃肉,可是心里又非常愧疚,在她陷入两难境地纠结之时,乔伊决定代替菲比吃素。
Chandler: There’s a Phoebe on my sandwich!
钱德勒:有个菲比在我的三明治上!
Joey: Phoebe, what–what are you doing?
乔伊:菲比,你在干什么?
Phoebe:I can’t help it. I need the meat. The baby needs the meat.
菲比:我忍不住,我需要肉。孩子想吃肉。
Joey: All right look, y’know how when you’re dating someone and you don’t want to cheat on them, unless it’s with someone really hot?
乔伊:好吧,你知道你和别人交往时不能欺骗她们,但除非遇见特辣的,对吧?
Phoebe: Yeah, totally!
菲比:对,是这样!
Joey: All right. This is the same kind of deal. If you’re going to do something wrong, do it right!Feel better now?
乔伊:好的,同样的道理,既然你已经决定破戒了,那就吃点儿好的吧!现在感觉好点儿了吗?
Phoebe: Yeah, but at what cost? Six more months, three meals a day, I’m gonna eat like, millions of cows. Mommy cows, daddy cows, baby cows. No, I’ll never eat baby cows. No veal 1! But veal.
菲比:嗯,可是,这要付出多大的代价啊?6个月,一天3顿肉,我会吃掉,成千上万头牛。牛妈妈,牛爸爸,牛宝宝。不,我绝不会吃牛宝宝的!死也不吃!(想了想)尽量不吃!
Joey: Hey, what if I said, I could even things out for you, meat-wise.
乔伊:嘿,要是这样呢:我做些事帮你扯平,肉方面的。
Phoebe: What?
菲比:怎么做啊?
Joey: Well, I eat a lot of meat right? Suppose until the baby’s born I laid off it. No extra animals would die, you–you’d just be eating my animals.
乔伊:我总是吃肉,对吗?假设到孩子出世前,我戒掉肉,那么就没有额外的动物会死掉,你就相当于在吃我的动物。
Phoebe: Joey, I can’t believe you would do that for me.
菲比:乔伊,我不敢相信,你会为我这样做。
Joey: Absolutely! I could be a vegetarian 2. There’s no meat in beer, right?
乔伊:当然能!我也可以做一个素食者啊。不过,啤酒里没有肉的,对吧?
n.小牛肉
- She sauteed veal and peppers,preparing a mixed salad while the pan simmered.她先做的一道菜是青椒煎小牛肉,趁着锅还在火上偎着的机会,又做了一道拼盘。
- Marinate the veal in white wine for two hours.把小牛肉用白葡萄酒浸泡两小时。
n.素食者;adj.素食的
- She got used gradually to the vegetarian diet.她逐渐习惯吃素食。
- I didn't realize you were a vegetarian.我不知道你是个素食者。
标签:
英语PK台