英语PK台 第681期:《老友记》900句(54)
英语课
地点:中央公园咖啡馆
人物:菲比,乔伊,罗斯,钱德勒
事件:菲比暂时失业,而钱德勒的秘书又正巧请假,于是菲比成了钱德勒的临时秘书。
Phoebe: Uh, uh, gimme. Can you see me operating a drill press?
菲比:啊,啊,把笔给我,你们能想像操作钻床的我吗?
Joey: I don't know. What are you wearing?
乔伊:不知道,你当时会穿什么?
Ross: Pheebs, why would you want to operate a drill press?
罗斯:菲比,你为什么想操作钻床?
Phoebe: Just for some short-term-work. You know, until I get back some of my massage 1 clients. 菲比:只是暂时的工作。你知道,一直做到我找回部份的按摩客户。
Chandler: Pirates again?
钱德勒:又是海盗?
Phoebe: No, nothing like that. I was just...such a dummy 2. I taught this "massage-yourself-at-home-workshop." And they are.
菲比:不,没那回事,只是……我是个大笨蛋。我教他们“自己在家动手作按摩”,结果他们就在家里作。
Joey: Hey, hey, Chan. She could work for you.
乔伊:嘿,嘿,钱德勒,她可以为你工作啊。
Chandler: Thanks Joey, that's a good idea.
钱德勒:谢了,乔伊,这是个“好主意”。
Phoebe: What... I could, I could do it. What is it?
菲比:什么……我可以,我可以啊,是什么工作?
Chandler: Well, my secretary is gonna be out for a couple of weeks. She is having one of her boobs reduced. It's a whole big boob story.
钱德勒:我秘书这几周无法来上班,她去做消乳手术。一言难尽的波霸故事。
Phoebe: I could be a secretary.
菲比:我可以当个秘书。
Chandler: Well, you know Pheebs, I don't know if it'd be your thing, because it involves a lot of being normal. For a large portion of the day.
钱德勒:那,菲比,我不知道你是不是这块料,因为这份工作得要表现“正常”。白天要尽量正常。
Phoebe: I could do that.
菲比:我能办到。
n.按摩,揉;vt.按摩,揉,美化,奉承,篡改数据
- He is really quite skilled in doing massage.他的按摩技术确实不错。
- Massage helps relieve the tension in one's muscles.按摩可使僵硬的肌肉松弛。
标签:
英语PK台