英语PK台 第684期:《老友记》900句(55)
英语课
地点:中央公园咖啡馆
人物:瑞秋,菲比,钱德勒,罗斯,莫妮卡
事件:菲比的《臭臭猫》被唱片公司看中,说要给菲比拍这首歌的MTV。
Rachel: OK, here we go. Honey, I'm sorry, they were all out of apple pie, someone just got the last piece.
瑞秋:好了,来了。抱歉,苹果派卖完了,有人刚要了最后一片。
Phoebe: Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. You are not gonna believe this. I have just been discovered.
菲比:哦,天啊,你们绝对不会相信的,我刚刚被发现了!
Chandler: Now wait a minute, I claimed you in the name of France four years ago.
钱德勒:等一等,我4年前就宣布你以法国命名了。
Phoebe: Anyway, OK, now promise you won't like, freak out and say how great this is until I'm done, OK.
菲比:总而言之,好了,答应我,你们在我说完之前不会发狂,好吗?
Everyone: OK.
大家:好。
Phoebe: OK. I just met this producer of this like, teeny record company, who said that I have a very fresh, offbeat 1 sound and she wants to do a demo of Smelly 2 Cat.
菲比:好,我刚刚认识了一个小唱片公司的制作人,她说我的声音很清新、很特别,她要帮我录制《臭臭猫》的试听带。
Everyone: Ohh!
大家:哦!
Phoebe: I told you not to do that yet. And, she wants to do a video.
菲比:我说过不要太兴奋的,她还说要帮我做MTV呢。
Everyone: Ohh! Oh!
大家:哦!哦!
Phoebe: I'm not done yet, OK. God. OK, if that goes well, they may even want to make an album 3. I'm done now.
菲比:我还没说完,好吗。天啊。好了,如果结果不错的话,他们或许还会帮我做一个专辑。我说完了。
adj.不平常的,离奇的
- She adores old,offbeat antiques.她非常喜欢那些稀奇古怪的老古董。
- His style is offbeat but highly creative.他的风格很不寻常但非常有创造力。
adj.(口)有臭味的,发出臭气的
- The river was smelly today.今天这条河散发着一股臭味。
- The toilets in that restaurant were horribly smelly.那个餐馆的卫生间气味难闻。
标签:
英语PK台