时间:2019-02-14 作者:英语课 分类:英语PK台


英语课

 地点:盖勒夫妇家


人物:莫妮卡,菲比,朱莉
事件:莫妮卡准备的宴会食物受到客人们的喜爱,让一向瞧不起她的母亲看到了她的实力。
Monica: Well?
莫妮卡:怎么样?
Phoebe: They are not even touching 1 the lasagna.
菲比:千层面客人连碰都没碰一下。
Monica: Really?
莫妮卡:真的吗?
Phoebe: Oh. They love your casserole!
菲比:天啊,他们好喜欢你做的砂锅!
Monica: Yes!
莫妮卡:太棒了!
Phoebe: It's hard to believe just a little while ago this was nothing but ingredients.
菲比:真是难以相信,它们刚刚还都只是生的材料呢。
Julie: Everyone seems to like your dish.
朱莉:看起来大家都非常爱吃你做的菜。
Monica: And you?
莫妮卡:那你觉得呢?
Julie:I thought it was... quite tasty. 
朱莉:我觉得……非常好吃。
Monica: So if everyone liked it, and you liked it... that would make this a success which would make you...
莫妮卡:那么就是说,大家都喜欢吃,你也喜欢吃……那就代表我做得很成功,而那就证明你……
Julie: A bitch?
朱莉:我是个贱人?
Monica: I was going for "wrong", but we can use your word.
莫妮卡:我只是想说“你错了”,但你那么说也可以。
Julie: Yes, well, I was wrong. And I have to say... you really impressed me today.
朱莉:是的,我是错了。并且我必须要说……你今天真的让我大开眼界。
Phoebe: You might even say that she "pulled a Monica". She doesn't know we switched it.
菲比:你还可以说她是“搞砸事的”。她不知道我们引申出了别的意思了是吧。
Julie: And the next time you cater 2 for me... there will be nothing but ice in the freezer.
朱莉:下次你再帮我办宴会的时候,冰箱里不会再预备任何东西,只会准备一些冰块。
Monica: That really means a lot.
莫妮卡:这对我来说真是莫大的鼓励。

adj.动人的,使人感伤的
  • It was a touching sight.这是一幅动人的景象。
  • His letter was touching.他的信很感人。
vi.(for/to)满足,迎合;(for)提供饮食及服务
  • I expect he will be able to cater for your particular needs.我预计他能满足你的特殊需要。
  • Most schools cater for children of different abilities.大多数学校能够满足具有不同天资的儿童的需要。
标签: 英语PK台
学英语单词