英语PK台 第580期:《老友记》900句(34)
英语课
地点:莫妮卡和钱德勒的公寓
人物:钱德勒,瑞秋
事件:一个奶酪蛋糕被错送到家门口,钱德勒吃了发现很美味,被瑞秋撞见后两人一起分享了蛋糕。
Chandler: Ohh. Mmm.
钱德勒:哦,嗯。
Rachel: Hi.
瑞秋:嗨!
Chandler: Hey, you have got to try this cheesecake.
钱德勒:嘿,你应该尝尝这个奶酪蛋糕。
Rachel: Oh, y'know I'm not that much of a sweet tooth. I—Wow. My God 1, so creamy. Oh my God, this is the best cheesecake I have ever had. Where did you get this?
瑞秋:哦,知道吗,我的牙不能吃太甜的东西。我……哇喔!天啊!这浓郁的奶油。哦天啊,这是我吃过的最好吃的奶酪蛋糕,你从哪儿弄来的??
Chandler:It was at the front door, when I got home. Somebody sent it to us.
钱德勒:我回家的时候它就放在门口,有人送过来的。
Rachel: Chandler, this is not addressed to you. This is addressed to Mrs. Braverman downstairs. Thief.
瑞秋:钱德勒,这不是寄给你的。这是送给楼下布里曼太太的。小偷。
Chandler: I—no! I didn't read the box before I opened it. And you can't return a box after you've opened the box.
钱德勒:我?不!我打开盒子前没看这个,况且你打开了盒子以后就不能还回去了。
Rachel:Why, why not?
瑞秋:为什么,为什么就还不了了?
Chandler: Because it's too delicious.
钱德勒:因为它太美味了。
Rachel: Chandler, you stole this cheesecake. That is wrong.
瑞秋:钱德勒,你偷了这个奶酪蛋糕,这是不对的。
Chandler: No-no-no! It is going to be okay, because Mrs. Braverman is gonna send away for a free one and that way we all win! The only losers are the big cheesecake conglomerate 2, Momma's Little Bakery 3. I feel terrible. I'm a horrible 4, horrible, horrible person.
钱德勒:不不不!不会有事的,他们会免费再给布里曼太太送一个来,这样我们就双赢了!唯一倒霉的是那家蛋糕房,“妈妈的小面包房”。我感觉糟透了,我真是个大烂人。
Rachel: Oh, I'm sorry, what?
瑞秋:哦,对不起,你说什么?
n.上帝,神;被极度崇拜的人或物
- God knows how the cat got up on the roof.只有天知道那只猫是怎样爬上房顶的。
- God wills that man should be happy.上帝愿人类幸福。
n.综合商社,多元化集团公司
- The firm has been taken over by an American conglomerate.该公司已被美国一企业集团接管。
- An American conglomerate holds a major share in the company.一家美国的大联合企业持有该公司的大部分股份。
n.面包店
- I bought a cake from the bakery.我在面包店买了个蛋糕。
- There's a bakery near our house.在我家附近有一个面包店。
标签:
英语PK台