英语PK台 第629期:《老友记》900句(43)
英语课
地点:中央公园咖啡馆
人物:老友六人,格林太太
事件:瑞秋的妈妈来看望女儿,她阔太太的言行举止让大家感到无语。
Rachel's mom: There she is.
瑞秋妈:乖女儿在这儿呢。
Rachel: Mom!
瑞秋:妈妈!
Rachel's mom: Sweetie! So this is where you work? Oh, it's wonderful! Is it a living room? Is it a restaurant? Who can tell? But I guess that's the fun.
瑞秋妈:宝贝!这就是你工作的地儿啊?哦,好棒啊!这是起居室吗?还是餐厅?谁看得出来啊。但是我猜乐趣就在这儿吧。
Rachel: Pretty much. Here's my friends.
瑞秋:差不多啦,来妈妈,见见我的朋友们。
Rachel's mom: Monica! You look gorgeous 1! Last time I saw you, it was eat or be eaten.
瑞秋妈:莫妮卡!你看起来好美哟!上回我看到你的时候,你不是在吃,就是在被吃呢。
Rachel: This is Joey, this is Phoebe, and this is Chandler, and you remember Ross.
瑞秋:这是乔伊。这是菲比,这是钱德勒。你记得罗斯吧?
Rachel's mom: Oh hello, Ross.
瑞秋妈:你好,罗斯。
Ross: Hi, Mrs. Green.
罗斯:你好,格林太太。
Rachel's mom: So, what do you think of my daughter in the apron 2 with the big job?
瑞秋妈:那么你们认为我这个系着围裙做大事的女儿怎么样?
Rachel: Oh Mom!
瑞秋:妈!
Rachel's mom: If you didn't pour 3 the coffee, no one would have anything to drink.
瑞秋妈:没有你来倒咖啡,大家都休想喝到东西了。
Chandler: Believe me, sometimes that happens.
钱德勒:相信我,有时候真的会这样。
Rachel's mom: This is just so exciting. You know, I never worked.I went straight from my father's house to the sorority house to my husband's house. I am just so proud of you.
瑞秋妈:太令人兴奋了,我从来没有工作过。我从我爸家直接到了“大学姐妹会之家”,然后再到我老公家。我真是以你为荣。
adj.华丽的,灿烂的,美丽的,宜人的,棒的
- The gorgeous costume added to the brilliance of the dance.华丽的服装使舞蹈更加光彩夺目。
- What a gorgeous day it is today!今天天气多好啊!
n.围裙;工作裙
- We were waited on by a pretty girl in a pink apron.招待我们的是一位穿粉红色围裙的漂亮姑娘。
- She stitched a pocket on the new apron.她在新围裙上缝上一只口袋。
标签:
英语PK台