英语PK台 第600期:《老友记》900句(38)
英语课
地点:罗斯公寓
人物:罗斯,瑞秋
事件:瑞秋与罗斯都非常喜欢在陶器坊这个家居用品商场里买东西,但菲比不喜欢。
Ross: She hates Pottery 1 Barn?
罗斯:她讨厌陶器坊?
Rachel: I know! I know, she says it's all mass-produced, nothing is authentic 2, and everyone winds up having the same stuff. So come on, she's gonna be here any second! Can we please just cover this up with something? Please?
瑞秋:我明白!我知道原因,她说那里都是些大批量生产的东西,一件都不可信,还有,每个人买的款式都一样。所以快点吧,她随时都会来的!咱们就用个什么东西把它盖起来行不行?拜托了!
Ross: What? No! No! I am not gonna hide it from Phoebe—Ooh, although I did get some great Pottery Barnsheets!
罗斯:什么?不,不!我才不在菲比面前隐藏什么——哦,不过我从陶器坊买了不错的床单!
Rachel: Ooo! Oh, I forgot they made sheets!
瑞秋:哦!哦,我都忘了他们还有床单了!
Ross: Uh, yeah! I still can't believe she hates Pottery Barn!
罗斯:呃,可不是嘛!我还是不敢相信菲比不喜欢陶器坊!
Rachel: Ross, get over it! It's not like she hates you.
瑞秋:罗斯,行了!又不是说她讨厌你。
Ross: Yeah but Pottery Barn! Y'know what I think? It's just she-she's weird 3. Y'know it's because she's a twin. Twins are weird.
罗斯:是啊,可那是陶器坊啊!你知道我是怎么想的吗?我觉得,她就是,就是很奇怪。你知道吗,因为她是双胞胎中的一个,双胞胎就是怪怪的。
Rachel: Ross,she's not weird, she just likes her stuff to be one of a kind.
瑞秋:罗斯,她不是奇怪,她就是想让她的东西独一无二罢了。
Ross: Huh. Y'know what's not one of a kind? A twin!
罗斯:哼,你知道什么东西不是独一无二的吗?双胞胎中的一个!
n.陶器,陶器场
- My sister likes to learn art pottery in her spare time.我妹妹喜欢在空余时间学习陶艺。
- The pottery was left to bake in the hot sun.陶器放在外面让炎热的太阳烘晒焙干。
a.真的,真正的;可靠的,可信的,有根据的
- This is an authentic news report. We can depend on it. 这是篇可靠的新闻报道, 我们相信它。
- Autumn is also the authentic season of renewal. 秋天才是真正的除旧布新的季节。
标签:
英语PK台