英语PK台 第634期:《老友记》900句(44)
英语课
地点:中央公园咖啡馆
人物:钱德勒,菲比,乔伊,瑞秋,罗斯
事件:乔伊和钱德勒提起遇到乌苏拉的事,菲比承认与自己的双胞胎姐姐合不来。
Chandler: Your sister Ursula.
钱德勒:你姐姐,乌苏拉。
Phoebe: Oh, really.
菲比:哦,是吗。
Chandler: Yeah, yeah, she works 1 over at that place, uh...
钱德勒:是的,是的,她在那儿工作,呃……
Phoebe: Rift's. Yeah, I know.
菲比:瑞菲餐厅,是啊,我知道。
Chandler: Oh, you do? Because she said you guys haven't talked in like years.
钱德勒:哦,你知道?因为她说你们已有多年不说话了。
Phoebe: Hmmm? Yeah. So, um, is she fat?
菲比:是吗?对。那么,啊,她胖吗?
Joey: Not from where I was standin'.
乔伊:从我的角度看不会。
Phoebe: Where were you standing 2?
菲比:你从什么角度?
Rachel: Um, Pheebs, so, you guys just don't get along?
瑞秋:啊,菲比,那么,你们俩合不来?
Phoebe: It's mostly just dumb 3 sister stuff 4, you know. I mean, like, everyone always thought of her as the pretty one, you know... Oh, oh, she was the first one to start walking, even though I did it later that same day. But, to my parents, by then it was like "yeah, right, well what else is new?"
菲比:这其中大部分只是姐妹之间的事,你明白的。我的意思是,像是,大家都认为她是漂亮的那一个,你懂吧……哦,哦,她先学会走路,虽然我是在当天稍后学会的。不过,对我爸妈而言,那就像是说:“是啊,好吧,还有没有什么新鲜的了?”
Ross: Oh, Pheebs, I'm sorry, I've got to go. I've got Lamaze class.
罗斯:哦,菲比,抱歉,我得走了。我得去参加心理助产班。
Chandler: Oh, and I've got Earth Science, but I'll catch you in gym.
钱德勒:哦,我也得去参加地球科学班,不过咱们可以学校健身房见。
n.作品,著作;工厂,活动部件,机件
- We expect writers to produce more and better works.我们期望作家们写出更多更好的作品。
- The novel is regarded as one of the classic works.这篇小说被公认为是最优秀的作品之一。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
adj.哑的;不会说话的;笨的;愚蠢的
- She is very kind to the dumb children.她对哑童非常好。
- It was dumb of you to say that.你说这种话太愚蠢了。
标签:
英语PK台