时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:夏洛的网


英语课

   "Call up the Zuckermans," suggested 1 Mrs. Arable 2 to Fern.


  “给朱克曼家打个电话吧,” 阿拉布尔太太劝弗恩说,
  "Your Uncle Homer sometimes raises a pig.
  “你的霍默舅舅有时候会弄只猪养养。
  And if Wilbur goes there to live,
  要是威尔伯卖到他家里去,
  you can walk down the road and visit him as often as you like."
  你只要高兴就可以常常走大路去看它。”
  "How much money should I ask for him?"
  “我该问他要多少钱呢?”
  Fern wanted to know.
  弗恩问道。
  "Well," said her father, "he's a runt.
  “这个嘛,”她爸爸说,“它是只落脚猪。
  Tell your Uncle Homer you've got a pig you'll sell for six dollars,
  你对你霍默舅舅说,你有只小猪要卖,只卖六块钱,
  and see what he says."
  看看他怎么说。”

暗示的
  • We suggested that she stop by that evening to talk things over. 我们建议她在那晚顺便来找我们,把事情商量一下。
  • These truths were by no means self-evident when Galileo first suggested them. 伽里略首次提出这些真理时决非显而易见。
adj.可耕的,适合种植的
  • The terrain changed quickly from arable land to desert.那个地带很快就从耕地变成了沙漠。
  • Do you know how much arable land has been desolated?你知道什么每年有多少土地荒漠化吗?