夏洛的网 第78期:家里的谈话(5)
英语课
"Yes, I do," said Mrs. Arable 1.
“是的,我觉得是很棒,”阿拉布尔太太说,
"And now, Fern, it's time to get ready for Sunday School.
“不过现在,弗恩,该上主日学校去了。
And tell Avery to get ready.
叫艾弗里快准备好。
And this afternoon you can tell me more about what goes on in Uncle Homer's barn.
下午你可以再告诉我霍默舅舅那谷仓里的事。
Aren't you spending quite a lot of time there?
你在那里是不是花了许多时间啊?
You go there almost every afternoon, don't you?"
你几乎天天下午都到那里去,对不对?”
"I like it there," replied Fern.
“我喜欢那里,”弗恩回答说。
She wiped her mouth and ran upstairs.
她擦过嘴就上楼去了。
After she had left the room, Mrs. Arable spoke 2 in a low voice to her husband.
她离开厨房以后,阿拉布尔太太小声对她的丈夫说话。
adj.可耕的,适合种植的
- The terrain changed quickly from arable land to desert.那个地带很快就从耕地变成了沙漠。
- Do you know how much arable land has been desolated?你知道什么每年有多少土地荒漠化吗?