夏洛的网 第150期:多里安医生(4)
英语课
"Yes, I suppose they do," said Mrs. Arable 1, vaguely 2. “是的,我想它们是得吃东西,”阿拉布尔太太含糊地说了一声。
"Charlotte has another cousin who is a balloonist. “夏洛还有一个堂姐是飞天蜘蛛,就是乘气球飞天的蜘蛛。
She stands on her head, lets out a lot of line, and is carried aloft on the wind. 它倒过头来竖蜻蜓站着,吐出许多许多丝,给风带到天上去了。
Mother, wouldn't you simply love to do that?" 妈妈,你不想那样做吗?”
"Yes, I would, come to think of it," replied Mrs. Arable. “是的,想到这样的事,我也会想那样做,”阿拉布尔太太回答说,
"But Fern, darling, I wish you would play outdoors today instead of going to Uncle Homer's barn. “不过,弗恩,小宝贝,我希望你今天在外面玩,不要上霍默舅舅的谷仓去了。
Find some of your playmates and do something nice outdoors. 在外面找两个小伙伴,做点有意义的事吧。
You're spending too much time in that barn 你在谷仓那里花的时间太多了
- it isn't good for you to be alone so much." ——老这样孤孤单单的,这对你不好。”
"Alone?" said Fern. “孤孤单单?”弗恩说,
"Alone? My best friends are in the barn cellar. “孤孤单单,我最好的朋友都在仓底。
It is a very sociable 3 place. 那地方可热闹了,
Not at all lonely." 一点也不孤单。”
adj.可耕的,适合种植的
- The terrain changed quickly from arable land to desert.那个地带很快就从耕地变成了沙漠。
- Do you know how much arable land has been desolated?你知道什么每年有多少土地荒漠化吗?
adv.含糊地,暖昧地
- He had talked vaguely of going to work abroad.他含糊其词地说了到国外工作的事。
- He looked vaguely before him with unseeing eyes.他迷迷糊糊的望着前面,对一切都视而不见。
标签:
夏洛的网