夏洛的网 第154期:多里安医生(8)
英语课
"Sure," said the doctor.
“不错,”医生说,
"But somebody taught you, didn't they?"
“不过你是有人教的,对吗?”
"My mother taught me."
“是我妈妈教的。”
"Well, who taught a spider?
“那么蜘蛛是谁教的呢?
A young spider knows how to spin a web without any instructions from anybody.
蜘蛛很小就会结网,没有任何人教。
Don't you regard that as a miracle 1?"
你不觉得这是个奇迹吗? ”
"I suppose so," said Mrs. Arable 2. "I never looked at it that way before.
“我想是的,”阿拉布尔太太说,“可我以前从来没有这样看待过这件事。
Still, I don't understand how those words got into the web.
只是我还是不明白,那些字怎么会出现在蜘蛛网上。
I don't understand it,
这件事我不明白,
and I don't like what I can't understand."
我不喜欢自己不明白的事。”
"None of us do," said Dr. Dorian, sighing.
“我们没有人喜欢,”多里安医生叹气说,
"I'm a doctor. Doctors are supposed to understand everything.
“我是一个医生,人们以为医生什么都明白,
But I don't understand everything,
可我不是什么都明 白,
and I don't intend to let it worry me."
我不也不打算为这件事苦恼。”
Mrs. Arable fidgeted.
阿拉布尔太太坐立不安。
"Fern says the animals talk to each other.
“弗恩说那些动物互相交谈。
Dr. Dorian, do you believe animals talk?"
你相信动物会说话吗?”
n.奇迹,令人惊奇的人或事
- The doctors said that his recovery was a miracle. 医生们说他的复原是件奇事。
- It is simply a miracle that rice should grow in such a place.稻子竟能在这样的地方生长,这实在是个奇迹。
标签:
夏洛的网