英语PK台 第191期:看招!中国功夫!
英语课
Dialogue 1
Xiao Gao: Hey, Jingjing. Geez, are you gonna sit there and watch TV all day? You're becoming a real couch potato.
小高:嗨,京晶,天哪,你就打算一直坐在那儿看一整天电视吗?你都快变成不折不扣的懒骨头了。
Jingjing: Hey, lay off buddy 1! I just got back from Kung Fu practice and I wanna relax.
京晶:老兄,你能不能不损我呀,我刚刚练完功夫回来,我想要放松一下。
Xiao Gao: Kung Fu practice? Wow, that's a shocker.
小高:你练功夫?太让我人吃惊了。
Jingjing: What? You didn't know girls practiced martial 2 arts too?
京晶:难道你不知道女孩子也有练功夫的吗?
Xiao Gao: No I guess not, especially you.
小高:我还真不知道,尤其不知道你会练功夫。
Jingjing: Do you study any martial arts? I bet you'd really get a kick out of it, no pun intended.
京晶:你学过什么武术吗?我敢说你肯定会喜欢的。真的,没有要损你的意思啊。
Xiao Gao: I don't see the point.If someone wants to scrap 3 with me, I'll just run away.
小高:我觉得没有必要,如果有人想打我的话,我跑不就得了。
Jingjing: Self-defense isn't the only reason why people practice martial arts. I like it because it teaches me self-discipline,helps me relax, and gives me a great work out.
京晶:自我防御并不是人们学习武术的唯一理由,我喜欢武术是因为它能教我怎么自律,帮我放松精神,并且强身健体。
Xiao Gao: Really? Well, maybe I better starts tudying martial arts too.
小高:真的吗?那看来我也该开始学学武术了。
Jingjing: Why not? It can't hurt!
京晶:为什么不呢?又没有坏处。
习语短语
1. couch potato =
2. lay off =
3. shocker =
4. get a kick out of something =
5. no pun intended =
6. scrap =
n.(美口)密友,伙伴
- Calm down,buddy.What's the trouble?压压气,老兄。有什么麻烦吗?
- Get out of my way,buddy!别挡道了,你这家伙!
adj.战争的,军事的,尚武的,威武的
- The sound of martial music is always inspiring.军乐声总是鼓舞人心的。
- The officer was convicted of desertion at a court martial.这名军官在军事法庭上被判犯了擅离职守罪。
标签:
英语PK台