英语PK台 第192期:看招!中国功夫!(2)
英语课
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: So, Xiao Gao, have you started any martial 1 arts classes yet?
京晶:小高,你已经开始学武术了吗?
Xiao Gao: Yeah, I've been studying Tae Kwon Do for about a month now. In fact, I just finished my class an hour ago, I'm all tuckered out.
小高:是呀,我学跆拳道都已经快一个月了。其实,我一个小时前才刚刚上完一节课,现在要累残了。
Jingjing: See, all that hard work makes you really tired.
京晶:是吧?练武术真的非常消耗体力。
Xiao Gao: Hey, how about we spar with each other just for fun? I want to show you my new moves.
小高:嘿,不如咱俩比画比画,找找乐子吧。我想给你展示一下我新学的动作。
Jingjing: Okay, but I'm warning you: I can really lay the smack 2 down. Don't get mad at me if I win!
京晶:行啊,但是我得警告你,我真的能把人打得落花流水。如果我赢了你可不要怪我呀!
Xiao Gao: Ha! In your dreams! Okay, let's get our protective padding on so we don't actually hurt each other.
小高:哈哈,想赢我?做梦吧。来,咱们先穿上保护垫,这样就不会伤到彼此了。
Jingjing: Alright, I'm ready, let's fight!
京晶:好的,我准备好了,开始吧!
(Jingjing and Xiao Gao begin sparring)(京晶和小高开始比武)
Xiao Gao: Ahh! Okay, I give up! You win! Wow! I wasn't expecting you to be so good!
小高:哦,天哪,好吧,我认输,你赢了。哇哦,我不知道你竟然这么厉害!
Jingjing: I've been studying for a long time. You know what they say: practice makes perfect!
京晶:我已经学武术学了很长一段时间了,你知道,就像人们说的,熟能生巧嘛。
Xiao Gao: I guess so… Well, now I know I shouldn't mess with you ever again.
小高:我想是吧,现在我知道我不能再招惹你了。
Jingjing: I'm glad we got the chance to spar. It was a blast 3! We'll have to do it again sometime!
京晶:我很高兴咱们有机会比试,太有意思了!下回有空咱们再比吧。
Xiao Gao: Or maybe not!
小高:还是不要了吧……
习语短语
1. tuckered out = 由于辛苦地做某事而非常劳累
2. spar = 比武,不是真的打架,通常指武术训练中的切磋技巧。
3. Just for fun. = 只是为了找点儿乐子,而不是要正规比赛或者严格计分。
4. lay the smack down = 打败某人,修理某人
5. In your dreams! = 这绝对不可能发生,你做梦呢!
6. Practice makes perfect. = 熟能生巧。
7. mess with someone = 招惹得罪某人
8. a blast = 非常愉快的时光
adj.战争的,军事的,尚武的,威武的
- The sound of martial music is always inspiring.军乐声总是鼓舞人心的。
- The officer was convicted of desertion at a court martial.这名军官在军事法庭上被判犯了擅离职守罪。
vt.拍,打,掴;咂嘴;vi.含有…意味;n.拍
- She gave him a smack on the face.她打了他一个嘴巴。
- I gave the fly a smack with the magazine.我用杂志拍了一下苍蝇。
标签:
英语PK台