英语PK台 第218期:手机控的科技瘾:必追新款(2)
英语课
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Hey, Xiao Gao, you look happy today, anything new?
京晶:嗨,小高,你今天看起来很高兴,怎么了?
Xiao Gao: Well, I finally cracked and bought one of those phones. I LOVE IT!
小高:嗯,我终于没忍住买了一部新手机,我太喜欢了!
Jingjing: I knew you would! So have you been able to get the hang of it?
京晶:我就知道你会买的!那么你已经会用了吗?
Xiao Gao: To be honest, some of the features(性能) are a little over my head.
小高:说实话有一些功能太复杂还不会使用。
Jingjing: Practice makes perfect. You'll get used to it after a week or so. Anyways, what's your first impression of it?
京晶:熟能生巧,一两周以后你就能灵活地掌握它了。你刚开始使用它感觉怎么样?
Xiao Gao: Well, on one hand it's easy to listen to music and surf the web, but on the other hand the battery doesn't last very long.
小高:嗯,一方面很容易用它来听音乐和上网,但另一方面它的电池不能坚持很久。
Jingjing: Well, you know what they say, you have to take the good with the bad.
京晶:你知道,就像人们常说的,一件事物肯定既有优点又有缺点,好的坏的你都得照单全收。
Xiao Gao: That's true.All-in-all, I think it's a great phone. The only problem now is… I'm broke!
小高:确实是。总之,我觉得这是一个非常好的手机,唯一的问题就是,我现在破产了!
习语短语
1. I finally cracked. = 我终于没忍住。
2. get the hang of (something) =掌握做某事的窍门
3. over someone's head = 太复杂以至于不能理解
4. practice makes perfect = 熟能生巧
5. first impression = 第一个印象
6. on one hand / on the otherhand =一方面 / 另一方面
7. (of batteries)to last =(电池)待机
8. You have to take the goodwith the bad. =好事和坏事你都要接受。
9. all-in-all = generallyspeaking 总之
10. to be broke =破产
标签:
英语PK台