英语PK台 第228期:老美春节四川游
英语课
Dialogue:
Xiaogao:Hey, Jing Jing! Long time no see! How'd your New Year holidaygo?
小高:嘿,京晶,好久不见啊!春节假期过得如何?
Jingjing:It was great! But it went by too quickly! Wow, Xiao Gao, it looks like you've packed on some pounds.
京晶:挺好的,就是假期过得太快了!哇,小高,你看上去好像胖了一些啊。
Xiaogao:Yeah, I sure did! I spent my holiday in Sichuan. The grub there is out of this world! I liked the spicy 1 sausage best
小高:是呀,确实如此。我假期在四川过的,那里的食物简直好吃极了!我尤其喜欢川味香肠。
Jingjing:You were in Sichuan? You should've called me! We could've hung out!
京晶:你在四川?那你应该给我打电话呀,我们本来可以一起玩儿的。
Xiaogao:That's a shame that we missed each other. Anyways, I had so much fun in Sichuan. I posted a picture of myself at Wuhouci, and believe it or not, one of our fans works 2 there! She offered me free tickets to visit the temple fair!Aren't we lucky to have such wonderful fans?
小高:真遗憾我们没能见上一面。不过,我在四川玩儿得很开心。我发了一张自己在武侯祠的照片,信不信由你,我们有个听众竟然就在那儿工作!她还给了我去庙会的免费门票呢。有这么棒的听友难道不是我们的幸运吗?
Jingjing:What a sweet person! During my trip, I had a huge get together with my family. My parents even tried to set me up on a blind date! I didn't enjoy it much, but I had no choice!
京晶:真是好人啊!我这趟行程,和家人好好地聚了一次。我父母甚至尝试给我安排了相亲,我真心不喜欢,但有什么办法呢?
Xiaogao:I totally understand. Oh, I got a lot of red envelopes from my friends, and I gave a lot away too!
小高:我完全理解。对了,我收到了好多朋友们发来的红包,同时我也给出了许多。
Jingjing:Hey, where's my red envelope?
京晶:嘿,我的红包呢?
Xiaogao:Uhh… Anyways, I did a lot of sleeping in. It felt so good to catch up on all those hours of missed sleep!
小高:呃…,对了,我还睡了好多觉呢,补上那些没睡够的觉感觉实在太棒了!
Jingjing:Not me, I took advantage of my time at home. I visited lots of temples, burned incense 3, and prayed for happiness. My favorite time wassetting off fireworks. We used electronic 4 ones this time, in order to protect the environment!
京晶:我没有。我好好地利用了这段在家的时间。我去了一些庙里上香祈福。当然我最喜欢的就是放鞭炮啦,为了保护环境,今年我们放的是电子鞭炮。
Xiaogao:Oh, cool! I wanted to buy some fireworks this year too, but…
小高:不错不错!我今年本来也想买点儿鞭炮的,但是…
Jingjing:But what?
京晶:但是什么?
Xiaogao:But I lost all of my money playing ma jiang!
小高:我的钱打麻将都输光啦!
New words for dialogue:
Pack onsome pounds = to gain weight 体重增加
Grub =slang for “food” 食物的俚语
Out of this world = amazing 了不起的
A shame =a pity 可惜
To miss someone = Here, it means 5 to miss an opportunity to see someone. 此处意指错过机会见某人而不是想念某人
Believe itor not = 信不信由你
Gettogether = (noun) a reunion, or a gathering of a lot of people 团聚,聚在一起
Blind date= 相亲
Have nochoice = 无奈;不得不
Sleep in = 睡懒觉
Burn incense = 上香
adj.加香料的;辛辣的,有风味的
- The soup tasted mildly spicy.汤尝起来略有点辣。
- Very spicy food doesn't suit her stomach.太辣的东西她吃了胃不舒服。
n.作品,著作;工厂,活动部件,机件
- We expect writers to produce more and better works.我们期望作家们写出更多更好的作品。
- The novel is regarded as one of the classic works.这篇小说被公认为是最优秀的作品之一。
v.激怒;n.香,焚香时的烟,香气
- This proposal will incense conservation campaigners.这项提议会激怒环保人士。
- In summer,they usually burn some coil incense to keep away the mosquitoes.夏天他们通常点香驱蚊。
adj.电子的;n.[-s]电子学,电子设备
- It is an electronic device with many uses.这是一部具有多种用途的电子仪器。
- Father needs a new electronic shaver.爸爸需要一个新的电子剃须刀。
标签:
英语PK台