时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色


英语课

 "Show-off," I muttered. “爱炫耀的家伙。”我喃喃自语道。


"Open your eyes, Bella," he said quietly. “睁开眼睛,贝拉。”他安静地说道。
And he was right there, his face so close to mine. 他就在那里,他的脸离我的脸是那么的近。
His beauty stunned 1 my mind—it was too much, an excess I couldn't grow accustomed to. 他的俊美刺痛了我的心——太过分了,远远超出了我能习惯的范围。
"I was thinking, while I was running..." He paused. “当我在奔跑的时候,我在想……”他停了下来。
"About not hitting the trees, I hope." “想着别撞到树上,我希望是这样。”
"Silly Bella," he chuckled 2. “笨蛋贝拉,”他轻笑着。
"Running is second nature to me, it's not something I have to think about." “奔跑是我的第二天性,这是我永远也不需要去思考的事情。”
"Show-off," I muttered again. “爱炫耀的家伙。”我再次喃喃低语道。
He smiled. 他笑了。
"No," he continued, "I was thinking there was something I wanted to try." “不,”他继续说道。“我在想着一件我想要尝试的事情。”
And he took my face in his hands again. 他又一次用双手捧住了我的脸。
I couldn't breathe. 我没办法呼吸。
He hesitated—not in the normal way, the human way. 他踌躇着——但不是用正常的方式,人类的方式,迟疑着。
Not the way a man might hesitate before he kissed a woman, to gauge 3 her reaction, to see how he would be received. 不是一个男人在吻一个女人以前的那种方式,那种想要估计她的反应,想要看看他会被怎样地接纳的踌躇。
Perhaps he would hesitate to prolong the moment, that ideal moment of anticipation 4, sometimes better than the kiss itself. 也许他犹豫着,是想要延长这一刻,充满期待的完美的一刻,有时候比接吻本身更棒。
Edward hesitated to test himself, to see if this was safe, to make sure he was still in control of his need. 爱德华迟疑着,是在测试他自己,看看这是否安全,确认自己仍被自己的需要所控制着。
And then his cold, marble lips pressed very softly against mine. 然后,他冰冷的,大理石般的唇非常温柔地压在了我的唇上。
What neither of us was prepared for was my response. 我们两个都没有预料到的,是我的反应。

轻声地笑( chuckle的过去式和过去分词 )
  • She chuckled at the memory. 想起这件事她就暗自发笑。
  • She chuckled softly to herself as she remembered his astonished look. 想起他那惊讶的表情,她就轻轻地暗自发笑。
v.精确计量;估计;n.标准度量;计量器
  • Can you gauge what her reaction is likely to be?你能揣测她的反应可能是什么吗?
  • It's difficult to gauge one's character.要判断一个人的品格是很困难的。
n.预期,预料,期望
  • We waited at the station in anticipation of her arrival.我们在车站等着,期待她的到来。
  • The animals grew restless as if in anticipation of an earthquake.各种动物都变得焦躁不安,像是感到了地震即将发生。
标签: 英语听力
学英语单词