英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第228期:第十三章 自白(19)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
And then, too soon, he released me. 然后他放开了我,有点太快了。
His eyes were peaceful. 他的眼睛非常平和。
"It won't be so hard again," he said with satisfaction. “这不会再那么难了。”他满意地说道。
"Was that very hard for you?" “这曾经对你来说很难吗?”
"Not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. And you?" “情况还没有我想象中的那么坏。你呢?”
"No, it wasn't bad… for me." “不,这不坏……对我来说。”
He smiled at my inflection. "You know what I mean." 我的声音有些变调,他不禁笑了起来:“你知道我指的是什么。”
I smiled. 我笑了。
"Here." He took my hand and placed it against his cheek. "Do you feel how warm it is?" “这里。”他拿起我的手,放到他的脸颊上。“你感觉到这里有多么温暖吗?”
And it was almost warm, his usually icy skin. 和他平常冰冷的肌肤相比,确实可以称得上是温暖。
But I barely noticed, for I was touching 1 his face, something I'd dreamed of constantly since the first day I'd seen him. 但我几乎没有注意到,因为我正在触碰着他的脸,这是从我第一天见到他起就一直梦寐以求的事。
"Don't move," I whispered. “别动。”我耳语道。
No one could be still like Edward. 没人能像爱德华这样静止不动。
He closed his eyes and became as immobile as stone, a carving 2 under my hand. 他闭上眼睛,像石头一样岿然不动,变成了我手中的一尊雕像。
I moved even more slowly than he had, careful not to make one unexpected move. 我的动作甚至比他还要缓慢,小心翼翼地不做半个多余的动作。
I caressed 3 his cheek, delicately stroked his eyelid 4, the purple shadow in the hollow under his eye. 我爱抚着他的脸颊,优雅地抚过他的眼睑,他眼窝下淡紫色的阴影。
I traced the shape of his perfect nose, and then, so carefully, his flawless lips. 我描摹着他完美的鼻子的形状,然后,那么仔细地,描着他完美无瑕的嘴唇。
His lips parted under my hand, and I could feel his cool breath on my fingertips. 他的嘴唇在我的手下半张着,我能感觉到他冰冷的呼吸拂过我的指尖。
I wanted to lean in, to inhale 5 the scent 6 of him. 我想要靠过去,轻嗅他身上的香味。
So I dropped my hand and leaned away, not wanting to push him too far. 所以我放下手,侧过身子,等不及把他推开些。
n.雕刻品,雕花
- All the furniture in the room had much carving.房间里所有的家具上都有许多雕刻。
- He acquired the craft of wood carving in his native town.他在老家学会了木雕手艺。
爱抚或抚摸…( caress的过去式和过去分词 )
- His fingers caressed the back of her neck. 他的手指抚摩着她的后颈。
- He caressed his wife lovingly. 他怜爱万分地抚摸着妻子。
n.眼睑,眼皮
- She lifted one eyelid to see what he was doing.她抬起一只眼皮看看他在做什么。
- My eyelid has been tumid since yesterday.从昨天起,我的眼皮就肿了。
v.吸入(气体等),吸(烟)
- Don't inhale dust into your lung.别把灰尘吸进肺里。
- They are pleased to not inhale second hand smoke.他们很高兴他们再也不会吸到二手烟了。
标签:
英语听力